Lockhart Phillips swingarm stand

justin726

Registered
A friend of mine just got a Lockhart Phillips universal rear stand for his GSXR1100 and it seems to work good for his bike. He let me borow it when I was installing my front sprocket. It looked like a decent/sturdy stand but when I went to lift the bike the "universal adjustment" springs had to be squeezed almost to their max for the swingarm to fit onto the pads. It works, but it was just kind of a pain trying to get the springs compressed while holding the bike up while working the stand around.

I really like the price of the LP stand (around $80) but was wondering if there was one out there that fit the Busa a little easier without getting too expensive. An adjustable Pit Bull would be nice, but for the amount that I will be using the stand I can't see paying that much more. Handy stands are another, but do they fit better???

lpswingarmstand.jpg

I have the same exact stand and Love it! Its more secure than the one from Suzuki. My best bud runs a ZX-12 as a race bike. its lowered to the point that the kickstand wont work. Anyhow, we were working on it last weekend and he forgot his stand. We used my LP stand and he like it better than the stock one as well.

Try your local Motorcycle Accessories store. I wanted a Pitbull stand because they seem more sturdy. The price on the stand said $148, but when they rang it up, the price with tax was $119. I got mine at Cycle Gear.

I have the same stand, and yea it is a bit of work to get the stand properly aligned, but I really like it, nice and stable.

Oh yea, somebody gave it to me, so the price was right  :)

Ride safe  

I have the same stand also (Genii minds) I don't have a problem fitting it on the swingarm though. It's a little tight but it works. The problem is adjusting the chain, the pads get in the way and I don't want to put the pads in front of the spool holes.

Anyway, I bought a Hindle stand and my mechanic put spools on for free the last tune up I had.

A friend of mine just got a Lockhart Phillips universal rear stand for his GSXR1100 and it seems to work good for his bike.  He let me borow it when I was installing my front sprocket.  It looked like a decent/sturdy stand but when I went to lift the bike the "universal adjustment" springs had to be squeezed almost to their max for the swingarm to fit onto the pads.  It works, but it was just kind of a pain trying to get the springs compressed while holding the bike up while working the stand around.  

I really like the price of the LP stand (around $80) but was wondering if there was one out there that fit the Busa a little easier without getting too expensive.  An adjustable Pit Bull would be nice, but for the amount that I will be using the stand I can't see paying that much more.  Handy stands are another, but do they fit better???
what about the suzuki oem "service stand"? looks the same as the LP one and is only $59 online???

I got my Hindle stand yesterday, put it on the spools, leaned on it and YAAAH! it came right up. Too easy. :D

post-6-48390-lpswingarmstand.jpg

If you want a better stand go with the spool type. I have the one above and know by experience the spool is more safe to use and can adjust the chain with no interferrence. If ya want I sell you my lockhart for dirt cheap plus shipping just let a brotha now sumfin.

My .02

Are the PB spool type ? I not down with elbow brace type (lockhart).:(

WTH is a spool type stand? Sorry for da newb Q...

Some one hook me up with a pic of one?

Just took some pics. They're fuzzy, the flash doesn't work. (grrr!)

Here's the spools:

Spool.JPG

Jeez! that looks like crap! I hope you can see the round things that look like a spool of thread. It's just under the swingarm.
Well, here's one with the stand next to the spools. The U shaped "bracket" fits up against the spools on either side.

Spool_Stand.JPG

Hmph! only marginally less like crap!
I hope someone else has pics that can show you more clearly.
But...here's the bike up on the stand, I hope this explained it without overexplaining.

Spool_Stand_Up.JPG

Back