Lock Up Clutch or multi- stage for Turbo Build

madracer3600

Registered
What lockup clutch or multistage are most guys using and why? This will be a 95% drag bike and about 5% driven on the street. Would like to do both without any changes. About 350hp build.

We like to use rock solid clutches for more full race applications. They are super easy to set up, and tech support is free unlike if you went with a hays gen 2.

Depending on how well you tune in your clutch, chances are your not going to have much static pressure in it. You may have to change static springs to be able to ride on the street with much slippage. Generally with rock clutches we've never had to change them for the street, it's always a possibility.

What lockup clutch or multistage are most guys using and why? This will be a 95% drag bike and about 5% driven on the street. Would like to do both without any changes. About 350hp build.

MTC's multistage clutches have been the standard in the industry for many, many years. Yes, there are new companies making some real nice new setups, but the original multistage is still a great unit to use for both street and track, and it happens to be more affordable than some of the alternatives. The fact that you want to use the bike in the street 5% of the time will eliminate some choices like the Ultraglide, Gann, or full slider. Hayes is another one you might consider.

^^^^^^^^

was just going to suggest the boost pressure compensated clutch... looks pretty sweet.

Anybody try Seb's(NLR)setup?Looks pretty promising,especially for the street.

Login
apparently it works fairly well on street but not at track. doesn't lock up at the line. ur using stock springs till u make vac press. its not PST legal either so u wont see many racers with it.

so for a drag application its not all that great but if u have an ams 1000 u can tune it fairly well but I wud use Co2 and not manifold. I'm sure there are ppl out there that have used it at the track and done well but that seems to be the exception and not the rule. a 120 lb jockey can make anything go fast....:whistle:

I'll be installing a boost compensated clutch on a build coming up in march. Pretty excited to try one out.

I think if you want a well rounded racers opinions, should ask on suzuki hayabusa.org of phyico bike. Lots of hardcore racers. I can bet you'll find more people suggesting rock clutches over any other brand.

Back