Lock Help

jwright

Registered
hey i'm new to the forums here but I have a question? Someone tried to steal my 04 busa last night and something is now broken off in the ignition switch. Any ideas to remove what is in there or how to repair it would be greatly appreciated. Since I cant start it up and the wheel is locked also. Thanks for any help!

Don't know where your from, but Harbor Freight Tools has a security bit set that fits the torque screws that hold the ignition on to the bike and hold the actual ignition together....buy the set, remove from bike, and open ignition to pull the broken stuff out.

Not sure if you can order online but I know you can do phone orders.

Let's see a picture of the lock first!
Hey I dont have any way to show you a picture I dont have a digital camera I am using a computer at my job sorry I havent written back until now I am just now back on shift but I will be here at this terminal for a few hours but a picture wont help because there isnt any real damage just scratched up its like something is broken of inside the lock because my key will only go in about half way. Thanks for any help!

Don't know where your from, but Harbor Freight Tools has a security bit set that fits the torque screws that hold the ignition on to the bike and hold the actual ignition together....buy the set, remove from bike, and open ignition to pull the broken stuff out.

Not sure if you can order online but I know you can do phone orders.
Hey ScreaminBusa sorry I wasnt able to respond back last night. Thanks for the help but a buddy who replaced his lock set on a 07 told me you had to be able to put your key in the ignition and turn it to be able to remove the lock set He brought me the old lock set to work tonight but Im not sure if it will work or not since it is a diffrent year. Any help is so greatly needed because I will have to tow it tomorrow from work if I cant get it running. Thanks for all your help!

Back