Local tuner screwed me, need help getting it streetable

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
Got the Busa back from STL Tuners last week, and $750 later it is running like crap. I've been researching and playing with it for the past week. The Power Commander V EX he replaced my Power Commander 3 USB with does not allow the fuel map to be edited under 4000 RPM and under 20% throttle. That makes it pretty much useless on the Busa since that's everything that needs to be edited for street riding.

I called Omer the owner of STL Power Tuners today to discuss this with him. He claimed its an issue with the Suzuki EMU and none of the power commanders ware able to adjust that range even if the cells aren't blocked. He offered nothing other than he's sorry and there's nothing he can do about it.

I don't have time for the learning curve for the flashing software. I have a wideband and datalogging. Is there a Power Commander (preferred since I'm already familiar with the software? or other piggyback module that I can use to tune for the street. I live in ST Louis. If there's a knowledgeable tuner within a few hours I would be willing to bring the bike for a good tune.

Haven't been around much, Dennis, but is Smithers not an option for you?

The tune I am using now I got in St. Charles he can do PC or ECU. I don't know if he is the best but my bike runs better now than before he tuned it. I do have to say that my fuel milage is not as good.:laugh:

I talked to Smithers first since he tuned her before. He didn't want to do it because he didn't do the build.

The tune I am using now I got in St. Charles he can do PC or ECU. I don't know if he is the best but my bike runs better now than before he tuned it. I do have to say that my fuel milage is not as good.:laugh:

Who did the tune?

A turbo bike is hard, with the PC5 hinders the tune also, because you cant adjust timing.
A good self tune with reflash will take a lot of time.
You really need someone that us capable of doing it correctly,

I talked to Smithers first since he tuned her before. He didn't want to do it because he didn't do the build.
wat difference does that make? ppl bring their bikes to tuners all the time that didn't build them. Frank at Powerhouse does them often and so does Johnny cheese.

wat difference does that make? ppl bring their bikes to tuners all the time that didn't build them. Frank at Powerhouse does them often and so does Johnny cheese.

I wish I was close enough to POWERHOUSE or Boosted Cycles.

That's who I thought you were going to say. I've gotten mixed feedback on them. They can't be worse that where I took it, but I don't want a 2nd horrible experience.

I've gotten another thumbs up for them from a friend on facebook. Maybe I need to give them a call.

Hit up uship and send the bike to Frank or Rob...

I was screwing with my old setup for a year before I bit the bullet and shipped the bike off. Best decision I ever made during the build.

Got the Busa back from STL Tuners last week, and $750 later it is running like crap. I've been researching and playing with it for the past week. The Power Commander V EX he replaced my Power Commander 3 USB with does not allow the fuel map to be edited under 4000 RPM and under 20% throttle. That makes it pretty much useless on the Busa since that's everything that needs to be edited for street riding.

I called Omer the owner of STL Power Tuners today to discuss this with him. He claimed its an issue with the Suzuki EMU and none of the power commanders ware able to adjust that range even if the cells aren't blocked. He offered nothing other than he's sorry and there's nothing he can do about it.

I don't have time for the learning curve for the flashing software. I have a wideband and datalogging. Is there a Power Commander (preferred since I'm already familiar with the software? or other piggyback module that I can use to tune for the street. I live in ST Louis. If there's a knowledgeable tuner within a few hours I would be willing to bring the bike for a good tune.

Homer at STL has no clue whatsoever. You do NOT want an "EX" powercommander on your bike. Did he give you back YOUR PCIIIusb? That box, along with some ecu tweaking, could have been tuned with no problem. Give him back his crappy EX box and get your money back. Then run like hell in the other direction. Get your bike to someone who knows what he is doing, it's the best move you can make . . .

Im not one with the turbo's (yet) but there is quite a bit of BS in what you were told.... Ive never actually heard of something using a PC EX..... get your old PC back and run.... to a better tuner..... Good luck.

Why would they change the PCIII out for an EX in the first place? If you want to stay with Dynojet get a PCV. Actually take the EX back and get a 5.

Why would they change the PCIII out for an EX in the first place? If you want to stay with Dynojet get a PCV. Actually take the EX back and get a 5.

If he won't give you your money back, yes, take the PCV instead. Point is, you didn't need a pc in the first place, the one you already had would have worked fine. Omar ripped you off.

He claims the PC III is dead so he had to change it out to the PCV. What he installed is the EX though.

I stopped by the shop during lunch today. He said he didn't realize the EX was the CARB version. He says he will swap it for a standard PCV. IT will take a few days for the new one to come in...

Back