Local rider R.I.P. - Be Careful People

Vonderbach

Your AD here!
Donating Member
Registered
Hello all...it's been a while. I wanted to share with you something that hit home with us last week. I left for work around 5AM last Friday. As I arrived at work, my wife called; "You know you passed a dead guy this morning?" I figured she was joking...but no. There was a 20 year old kid that had been lying on the side of the road since around midnight. I recall passing another vehicle at the exact point where his body would have been lying. I imagine I was blinded by the other vehicle, and vice versa. No chance to see anything there. But the garbage truck did see it, and found his body that morning about 90 minutes later.

He was a 20 year old kid, riding a GSXR600. At first we thought that he lost control around the corner...but he hadn't even reached the corner at that point. His legs were almost completely severed at the knee...his helmet-less head was bruised, but not broken. He had hit a telephone pole and guy wire, snapping his legs almost in two. His bike lay about 20 feet away...about 40 feet from the road surface. Sadly, I learned that he was alive for some time after the accident. I shudder to think that he was still with us when I passed by at 5AM. We later learned that he had been out partying all night....and his friends drove him home. For some reason, he decided to get back out on the road...on his bike. So without even mentioning the words, I think we can draw the conclusion as to what happened. He has family here...so I'm not going to mention names or locations...there's no point.

I know most people here are wise enough to remain sober on their bike....some may heed this tale and think twice next time.

dk55belair

Registered
Sad to here this anytime.
Alcohol and Gasoline dont mix, but I did the same stupid stuff at that age, usually in a car.

semi

Whoooosh!
Donating Member
Registered
very sad situation! it's a definite tragedy but i'm also glad that no one else was hurt or even killed...prayers sent for his friends and family

MO-BUSA

Poster formerly know as qrychefanus
Registered
that's just sad, i hope he didn't suffer long...never understand why people want to drink and drive, especially a bike

Commuta_Busa

Donating Member
Registered
I always dread the beginning of a new bike season in any of the areas that had down time for over a month or more.

The drivers in cars aren't used to bikes being around again
Riders skills need some re-learning
Road conditions aren't ideal

Be careful out there and take it easy on your rides the first few times out.

ogre

Call me Liberace!
Registered
i've ridden drunk before. never again. thinking about things like this keep me stone cold sober in a vehicle. well, that and not drinking prior to driving somewhere.

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
I'm sorry to see anyone die on a bike; but I'm also glad he didn't take anyone else with him......

tmf2004

Registered
ITs sad to hear any stragic story like this but most stories we read about that involve motorcycles also have alcohol on board. The 2 just don't mix. RIP

red1100cc

Registered
poor bastard never even got to enjoy a "legal" beer. how sad. i am soo glad i was on a KZ750b at his age (30ish hp) instead of a 100hp rocket.
i have nightmares about laying on the side of the road hurt and not being able to do anything about it.
why is it bikes don't have onstar? its 2011,aren't we supposed to be piloting hover bikes by now?

still tragic, i will pray for his soul, and family.:please:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Blanca BusaLess Local rider and active forum member passes. Random Thoughts 16
H Local rider died Accident / Crash Forum 12
busaMD Lost a local rider last night, Louisville, KY Accident / Crash Forum 15
rashad Local ride for fallen veteran rider..PA GUYS and anyone close! General Bike Related Topics 5
rashad Very URGENT:Please pray for a hurt rider/ local purple heart Veteran!! General Bike Related Topics 30
Blanca BusaLess Local rider down....WEAR PROPER GEAR ! General Bike Related Topics 48
Over_Easy Local rider killed... Random Thoughts 40
B local rider wreck General Bike Related Topics 8
yamahor Local rider died last week Random Thoughts 26
P Spotted my first local busa rider today ... General Bike Related Topics 14
Kento-Moto Local girl rider gone ... Accident / Crash Forum 5
voodoodoo Got "inspired" riding my favourite local road the other day Videos 5
P In need of a shop relatively local Busa problems 10
S Local source for plastic rivets General Bike Related Topics 7
Slowstang305 Local car show in South Florida today... Off Topic 8
G Anyone Local In Nc Near Lexington Do Any Painting? Pay It Forward - Members helping Members 3
justintime2 Free Gen2 Oem Swing Arm, Local Pick-up Only! Pay It Forward - Members helping Members 10
bigdev Local Artist At Devils Bridge, Kirky Lonsdale, Cumbria. England. Random Thoughts 7
bigdev Local Bike Meet England General Bike Related Topics 12
Mikew777 Need A Number Plate For The Local Strip 1/4 Mile 19
WuzzaCBXRider 100 Octane At A Local 76 Station But, General Bike Related Topics 17
J Went Out To The Local Dragstrip For Test And Tune And Got Some Good Go Pro Video Videos 17
GoldenChild I Need A Favor From A Local With A Truck In Whitehall Or Lower Columbus Ohio Area General Bike Related Topics 9
BusaWhipped Local tuner screwed me, need help getting it streetable Turbo 57
VaBusa And in local news...viral video of police Dad taking his daughter from scene... Random Thoughts 16
In10SS Any org members in N Austin that could lend a hand for local item? General Bike Related Topics 2
kitchener rider a buddys' bike and mine at a local bike night! Random Thoughts 5
t.rob99 local craigslist ad.. 09' white plastics complete General Bike Related Topics 8
Blanca BusaLess Local case. Opinions. Random Thoughts 13
StromBusa Just came from the local township meeting...... Politics 2
lankeeyankee Modified Seat Local Upholestry Shop Gen II Busa Information 18
zukracer Local favorite food spots, lets hear where you like to go Random Thoughts 16
H your local bike shows General Bike Related Topics 8
Blanca BusaLess Local shop offers unique Dyno session Random Thoughts 2
skydivr Seen at a local early voting station today Random Thoughts 43
Flicka Local Dealership In Hot Water General Bike Related Topics 22
M This made local news here in kansas as they are based here out of wichita, ks Politics 6
Blanca BusaLess Local 07 Busa for sale General Bike Related Topics 3
Blanca BusaLess Local Marine MIA? Random Thoughts 10
Fastfrog007 Local drift guys Video Videos 8
Blanca BusaLess Local case, your thoughts? Random Thoughts 23
N a Great Local Event General Bike Related Topics 0
chrisjp Open carry at local bike night Random Thoughts 64
Blanca BusaLess First 2011 Zx10 for sale here local. General Bike Related Topics 11
MetalDisorder Charlotte / Rockingham N.C. Any local good roads in that area. Trips and Touring 3
PandaNin Know your local motorcycle laws General Bike Related Topics 29
Kildore Found in local CL General Bike Related Topics 24
Chris79761TX Was at the local dealer yesterday Random Thoughts 9
m_ridgeway fb users, local girl entered a contest and needs some votes. Random Thoughts 10
L Local powder coating. General Bike Related Topics 2