Local man run over by semi : (

2k4_8

Registered
IDAHO FALLS - A motorcyclist was killed Friday afternoon on Highway 20 on the Snake River overpass.

The accident happened around 3:30 p.m. on the eastbound lanes. Idaho State Police said Bradley T. Allen, 26, of Ammon, merged on the highway from Lindsay Blvd. on his 2008 Honda motorcycle.

Officers said he lost control and slid underneath the semi, also going eastbound. He was run over by the tires and killed instantly. Allen was wearing a helmet.

The semi-trailer was driven by Dana J. Inns, 50, of St. Anthony. She was not hurt in the accident, and she was wearing her seatbelt.

Law enforcement closed the Lindsay Blvd. on-ramp for a short time. Traffic was backed up in both directions.

Idaho State Police is still investigating the accident. They were assisted by the Idaho Falls Police Department and the Bonneville County Sheriff's Office.

Man Killed In Motorcycle vs Semi Accident - KIFI - Idaho Falls, Pocatello, Jackson WY - Weather News Sports-

Didn't know him but it's sad either way. R.I.P.

Very sad, prayers for all involved.

It gets pretty spooky when the bikes get close to me. Strangely enough it's usually the Harley riders and not the sport bikes. Harley riders seem to want to hug the center line when they are riding in formation. I have been buzzed a few times by sport bikes though. Kind of wakes you up when someone passes on the right shoulder on the back wheel when you don't expect it. I try to stay away from large hard objects that might hurt me while riding. Everyone else should do the same if they want to avoid flying rocks and truck parts. This driver is going to have to spend the rest of her life thinking about what it looks like when you run over someone. Everyone lost here.

Back