Local Bike Nights

techbum

Registered
Just wanted to get other peoples ideas on what occurs around here weekly. Many bars around town have "bike nights" which happen on different nights of the week depending on which bar decides to hold it on which night. These events are enjoyable because one gets to check out other peoples machines and see how others have tricked out their bikes. Granted, most bikes at these events are Harleys but more and more showing up are sport bikes. Plus getting to know other riders about town is always cool. I have met some really nice people and have also learned more about sport bikes there.The thing that gets me though, these bars sell beer at really cheap prices to draw bikers. Granted, its mostly the Harley riders sucking this stuff down but think of all the bikers that leave these places after several hours of drinking. Sorry...but motorcycles and alcohol don't mix. Seems like these establishments are actually setting themselves up for some heavy lawsuits. Shame too, because these events are like I said, very enjoyable. Thing is, if the bikers didn't buy beer....they wouldn't have 'bike nights'. Well.....just a thought that ran through my little brain and just wondered what other people thought of this idea....so run with it guys and gals....let me hear......
P.S. It would be awesome if someone could come up with an idea to get bikers together one or two nights a week without the alcohol just to "hang". Probably won't happen in Louisville though....

Most Sport Bike riders will not have more then 1 or two beers if anything. Most of the guys I know will have coffee or soda if riding, and plenty of beer if not riding...

the ones we have sell beer and brauts and such ASA WELL AS the regular menu of burgers, fries, shakes, soda, tenderloins and stuff. I see alot of drinkers, but I have NEVER seen anyone getting PLOWED. I don't drink at all as a personal choice, but I beieve the drinkers are "drinking responsibly" and simply enjoying a few within their tolerance.... at least I hope! And there are 4 - 6 police standing around governing the place anyway.

I hope other bike nights are done and attended this responsibly.

Beer And Busa's do not mix. Well really Beer and any bike do not mix but especially on a sportbike. Every sportbike owner I ride with is a tea toteler while riding or wehn we are going to ride. Every Harley Guy I ride with Slam a few beers before, a couple during, and few after...Go figure...At least the Harley crowd is moving slow...

Personally, I never drink and ride, not a sip, not a whiff...Just not going to happen on two wheels or four wheels for that matter...

I think a bike night is kinda same as happy hour or having drink specials durning lunch most people do not get drunk durning theese times but just have a few in a few hrs so seems to be ok
as for me a nice cold one would be ice cold diet coke
biggrin.gif

if we see someone that looks like they have had too much we will do what we can to keep that person from going and getting messed up as our sign says out fron on bike night

STUPID HURTS !!!

stay safe and have fun !!

Everyone here usually meets on Thurs. and Sun. evenings. We meet at a Custom Auto Body shop and hang out, usually go ride for a bit and some of us go do wheelies among other craziness. I don't know of anyone who meets that goes somewhere to drink and then ride home........pretty stupid. As I'm sure all will agree.

This is the reason I sold my Harley. It is part of the culture in Harley circles to go drinking at the local hangouts. The guys I rode with can really drink. We used to ride over to the ocean from San Jose and start at one bar and ride to the next. After a few bars and a few beers we would end up racing through the mountains, scraping frames in every turn. After a particularly bad day of this I came to the conclusion that it was either the bike or me. Well the Harley was sold.

Sportbikes/adrenylin are the drug of choice for me now and not alcohol.

Smartest things you'll ever hear:

Most of the guys I know will have coffee or soda if riding[/QUOTE]
I don't drink at all as a personal choice[/QUOTE]
Personally, I never drink and ride, not a sip, not a whiff...Just not going to happen on two wheels or four wheels for that matter...[/QUOTE]
STUPID HURTS !!![/QUOTE]
It would be awesome if someone could come up with an idea to get bikers together one or two nights a week without the alcohol just to "hang". Probably won't happen in Louisville though.... [/QUOTE]
Actually, me and some friends tought up this pretty simple rule: You hang with us => You don't drink ... Basically goes like this: You drink => We steal your keys, flatten your tyres and hang our own locks around your wheels ... You're either going home on foot or you get a ride, but you do NOT get on your bike, crash, ruin everyone's evening and traumatise the ladies ...

Everyone here usually meets on Thurs. and Sun. evenings.  We meet at a Custom Auto Body shop and hang out, usually go ride for a bit and some of us go do wheelies among other craziness.  I don't know of anyone who meets that goes somewhere to drink and then ride home........pretty stupid.  As I'm sure all will agree.
Where?

I sometimes go to Whataburger Sat nights to Deep Ellum, & Sonic Thurs Nights to where ever..

Where & when?

Busafied
wink.gif

<span style='color:red'>Ok guys enough of the Harley guy bashing</span>,
pissed.gif
 I have been riding HD's for 15 yrs, and yes I will admit that I have had a beer or two when we ride......BUT...... most of the guys I ride with in the Cincinnati area are not stupid...if he or SHE has had to much they park it,lock it and get home another way.I have been riding my Busa now for a little over a month and I have seen more guy's drinking at these events riding sportbikes than Harley's.They are usally the ones terrorizing the area upon exit of the parking lot...and there are some HD guy's doing the same. It is all about the <span style='color:darkblue'>responsibilty of the bike owner not what kind of bike he rides</span>. If you chose to drink and ride......more than 1 maybe two.....then you are making a bad choice regardless. It doesn't make a bit of difference what the hell he is riding. Harley's Forever!!

Sorry to hit a nerve KY,

It is the truth about what I said. The group I rode with are not typical of all Harley riders. These guys are competitive and like to party. I guess I do too. The part that was getting to me was that you can't wear full leathers and armor and a real helmet when riding the Harley. I had a customized FSXTC with Rivera 4 valve heads, etc. The bike looked great and was fast. And there I was on it with one of those stupid and illegal brain cup helmets on. I couldn't wear a full face Snell approved helmet without everyone giving me a hassle. Even people I didn't know were giving me sh*t!

So to summarize: The bike was very fast for a Harley but didn't handle very well and the brakes were terrible (relative to a sportbike. It was a matter of time before my behavior and the bike's poor handling would end up in a wreck. And then I would have no protection. Too much risk for me.

In sportbikes safety is not critcized. No one I know goes to bars while riding sportbikes. It is safer for me, given my bad behavior tendencies, to ride sportbikes. I did have some great times on the Harley though. And most of those were parked and posing in front of a bar somewhere in California...........

<span style='color:red'>Ok guys enough of the Harley guy bashing</span>,
pissed.gif
 I have been riding HD's for 15 yrs, and yes I will admit that I have had a beer or two when we ride......BUT...... most of the guys I ride with in the Cincinnati area are not stupid...if he or SHE has had to much they park it,lock it and get home another way.I have been riding my Busa now for a little over a month and I have seen more guy's drinking at these events riding sportbikes than Harley's.They are usally the ones terrorizing the area upon exit of the parking lot...and there are some HD guy's doing the same. It is all about the <span style='color:darkblue'>responsibilty of the bike owner not what kind of bike he rides</span>. If you chose to drink and ride......more than 1 maybe two.....then you are making a bad choice regardless. It doesn't make a bit of difference what the hell he is riding. Harley's Forever!!
I'll Take this one for a spin.

It may not be true of ALL Harley riders, but by and large, and EVERY HARDLEY riding person/group I have ever been around regularly have a few beers and go ride somewhere to have a few beers. Am I making generalizations? Sure, but it's based on experiance. Do some sport bike guys drink and ride probably. But I have yet to see any. Seriously. Saturday night went out, large group of bikes, no alcohol on scene. Went to the Downtown party area, riders W/helmets and sportbikes drinking soda or Coffee.

The lifestyle the average Harley rider spends so much time trying to emulate proves to have it's darkside I guess. Must irritate the hell out of the Dentists and attorneys out there in their Tough guy leathers trying to look the part to be so wrongfully clumped in with the beer drinking swine huh? curious...

I am probably being unfair...I grew up with Harley's in the house...but there was Grand-dad drinking a few, getting ready to ride...Go figure...Besides I am pretty certain that the hard core boozers are all on BMW's, I figure you gotta be drunk to think those things are attractive
laugh.gif
... Maybe the GoldWing riders huh? Hell it comes with a cup holder and a CD player...

I ride with Harley and Indian guys and they all like to stop and have a brew on the ride. I will have one but thats it. We usually never get over 65 anyway and they slow down for all curves.
We have over 50% Harleys up here in Anchorage Alaska.

I think what we really need is a Topless Ice Cream bar to hang out at. Go in get some overpriced ice cream throw some dollar bills around, look at some boobs and go home sober. This way we could have bike night every night
smile.gif

I think what we really need is a Topless Ice Cream bar to hang out at.  Go in get some overpriced ice cream throw some dollar bills around, look at some boobs and go home sober.  This way we could have bike night every night
smile.gif
Topless Ice Cream? Oh yeah, I'm there...

I think what we really need is a Topless Ice Cream bar to hang out at.  Go in get some overpriced ice cream throw some dollar bills around, look at some boobs and go home sober.  This way we could have bike night every night
smile.gif
Ever notice how theres always room for Ice Cream!!!!
laugh.gif
jump9.gif
laugh.gif

I don't drink at all when I'm riding and don't ride in groups where individuals are drinking...foolish move on a highpowered always ego tempting sportsbike. I agree the harley motiff kinda promotes the "ride and drink" lifestyle as a requirement for ownership, check out daytona beach during bikeweek. But then the sportsbike motiff almost requires you own at least one multi-colored helmet or jacket, and consistently and excessively break most city/state's speeding laws. Bottom line "Personal Responsibility" regardless of the bike on rides, but then the fact that you choose to ride a two wheeled, unprotected, organ donor vehicle on city streets, displays a certain high risk attitude doesn't it???

laugh.gif

Oh our spot is an Amoco Gas station and car wash on Capital Blvd in Raleigh, NC on sunday afternoon. And TGIF on wake forest on friday nights.. 50-100 sportsbikes. If you're ever in the area drop by and hang out.

You drink => We steal your keys, flatten your tyres and hang our own locks around your wheels ... You're either going home on foot or you get a ride, but you do NOT get on your bike, crash, ruin everyone's evening and traumatise the ladies ...
LOL! That is a nice thought. I will remember to do that next time I find people drinking and riding bikes...

From now on, I will only have ice creams...

Back