Loading a Busa

HisChild

Registered
I'm getting a Ford F150 with some 26" rims.Could you tell me who sells a ramp so I can load my Busa on the back of the truck?Thanks
race.gif

I bought one from a local dealership.

Its welded aluminum, about 8' long, folds in half length way and holds the Busa without a prob - I think I paid about $130 for it.
Just have to find a little bit of a hill so that the bottom of the bike dont rub on the way in and you have to put a stop up front so that the front fender dont hit the bed.

Sorry, dont have any pics.

The trick is to get something that's wide enought for you to straddle the bike and still have somewhere to put your feet. Either the kind of ramp that folds in half, or even folds into three sections is ideal. The steel ramps that are like 8 inches wide will indeed hold the bike, but unless you want to try and RIDE it up into the truck, you're still stuck. If you play Evel Knievel, take lots of pics...

I've rode dirt bikes up 8" wide ramps into lifted trucks but I don't think I would try it with the Busa.
SHOCKED.gif

Yes, look for a ditch to get the rear wheels down will help a lot, won't high center so easy going into the truck.
You might look at some ATV ramps, they're wide but I don't know if you can use the middle on any of them.

ahhh i would never ride my bike up the ramps. Even with curved ramps a loaded bike might have clearance issues. I had one long curved foldable ramp and then just used a plastic step stool and a friend to get the bike in n out. He would push it up from the back while I stode on the side holding the bars and covering the front brake. It was always pretty easy task.

Sears has some folding arched steel ramps I've used for busa. Much easier task with two people.
I've loaded dirt bikes solo with no issues using a step, but they are about 300 pounds lighter.
SHOCKED.gif

I do just fine with my trusty 2x12! A helpful hint if no ditch is available you can run the front tires of the truck up on (drive on style) workstands and get a little better angle on it!
beerchug.gif

(whitele @ Sep. 27 2007,11:flamethrowing:) 26" rims???  
SHOCKED.gif

How tall does that make the tailgate on the F150? Sounds like a heck of an angle....
it's not the rim size that matters but the tire size.... if there's no suspension or body lift done it can't be to much higher than stock

(HisChild @ Sep. 27 2007,16:48)
(LCB @ Sep. 27 2007,08:25) This is what we have - works great for all 3 of our bikes.... 2 of the bikes have clearance issues but this ramp makes the loading and unloading easy.  Check the site out for other options too.  We ordered from their Ebay store...

http://www.motorcycleramps.com/black_widow.htm
Yeah,that looks easy.But I guess it would take two people to load up the Busa right?Thanks:)
race.gif
I could do it myself if I had to but I won't if someone is around to help. My husband does it all by himself all the time - just make sure the ramp is firmly tied down to the back of the truck so it doesn't move. You can get the center part by itself but it's more secure having the 2 extra ramps on each side. There's enough room to walk the bike up or ride it up and because it's arched, neither of my bikes bottom out (I have a HD Low Rider and the 'busa is stock height). It's easy to use especially if you have help but you could do it alone. The ramp cost less than the damage I did to the side of the bike when it went over trying to use the original ramp that came with the trailer....

Back