Load equalizer help

ibified

Registered
Okay, so i got my hotbodies undertail in, and, of course, i have the "fast flasher" issue. I bought some load equalizers and installed them as per the directions, and NOTHING changed on the flash rate. I don't think I installed them wrong, but i think there may be an issue about the tail/brake and turn signals all sharing a common ground for each of the 2 light housings.

Now, to my question: is there any possibility i can just change a flasher and eliminate the problem, or is there another option I can go with? thanks in advance!

mad.gif

Search, search, search. There's lot's of useful info. Especially for an electrical issue...over in the electrical section.

Did you get a wiring diagram???, When I installed mine from clear alternatives it didn't come with one..I went to the website and found the proper diagram for the load equalizers, because they didn't install the way I had imagined....But it was a snap with the diagram....hope that helps..good luck!

Thanks a lot for the help. AND for the fast answer. I'll mess with it tomorrow and let you know if it fixed the problem.

Tin: if I knew the value of the resistor I needed, I'd do that.

I'm right outside of South Bend, BBK

A load equalizer is a resistor, resulting in higher amp draw in order to use your stock flasher (rate)..

Tin,

Yes, I know that, but what I don't know is what the value of the resistor should be.  I found it in the other thread though, reaio shack specs and part number and everything.  I think I'm gonna do the resistors, since I plan on replacing the front turn signals with LEDs down the road.

Oh, and the load equalizers i got came in a 2 pack and had 2 wires coming in and 2 going out. Maybe that's the problem with them. the way it showed to install it was completely inline - 1 wire for positive in, one for positive out, one for negative in, one for negative out.

Oh well, I know what I need to do to fix it now. The resistors shown in the other thread though, you wire those in just like you would any resistor, right? One side to the positive wire, one side to the negative wire. And before the signal, correct?

Okay, went out and got the resistors that were mentioned in the other thread and put them on. Flashers work fine now.

Thanks a lot for all your help, folks!

Back