Lm 508 alarm

xzvs

Registered
I get no response from the unit with the remote. Pager has a good battery and seems to be operating normally -- fuse is good on unit and bike starts and runs (not disabled -- shut off wired into fuel pump relay) It seems the unit just doesn't "see the pager". I will have a look at all the connections ect. in the am.

Disconnect the power source with pager near by...May just need to be reset...I had a problem with my Scorpio and that solved it...

Thanks stunnah -- am going to look at it here shortly. I did pull its main power fuse last night with the pager right there, but it didn't help.

Have you dropped your pager recently? Also, is the alarm working? Any chance the unit is disconnected?

maybe pm TurboTorch.. guy knows everything about electricity.. and i think he wrote up the install for that alarm.

Did you hook the brown wire up to a 12 volt accessory power source so the alarm chimes when you turn the bike off, and if so is the alarm actually warning you or is it completely dead? If the alarm is active, have you tried to recode the pager?

wow -- thanks for all the replies -- no i did not hook up the brown wire -- yes tried to recode the pager -- had to take the rear plastics off -- discovered antenna unplugged -- whew -- works now
I install qualcomm units all day on cat tractors, including sensors -- pretty neat system - gps, geo fence, hour meter -- have cellphones built in and call us immediately if any sensors fail for over 20 seconds. Its the "engrish" that gets me on the lm508.
So, I need to figger out why the antenna came loose -- or re route/ secure it more better

wow -- thanks for all the replies -- no i did not hook up the brown wire -- yes tried to recode the pager -- had to take the rear plastics off -- discovered antenna unplugged -- whew -- works now
I install qualcomm units all day on cat tractors, including sensors -- pretty neat system - gps, geo fence, hour meter -- have cellphones built in and call us immediately if any sensors fail for over 20 seconds. Its the "engrish" that gets me on the lm508.
So, I need to figger out why the antenna came loose -- or re route/ secure it more better
That was why I asked you if your unit was somehow disconnected. I put mine in the little cubby under my hump, with the antenna on the right side. I put a pair of gloves back there on top of it all, and I guess it was enough to somehow back the connector apart. I ended up useing three zipties to keep it together. One around each connector and then one to the two zips, that way there are being pulled together. Glad you figured it out!

Back