Little solo New years day run on the bird .

c10

Registered
Missed out with friends today due to dense fog up north of me in the forest. Since it was clear to the south just headed out on my own to be a hooligan on a naked bird .
I have not ridden the bird like this in a few years ( no bags ) . Even threw on the old race suit as just had a feeling might get a little throttle happy .
The new Penske needed just a few adjustments of Compression , and rebound reduced 3 clicks each . Probably could take 3/4 turn off preload for how light we were today , but going to leave it alone as 30 lb going right back on for next ride .
Forgot just how quick the old boy is . Especially after all the work over the last few months . Geared 19 / 42 Ram Jam occasionally lofted the front wheel in 2nd with the tall gearing just rolling on hard . Really surprising is pulling 6th gear to 10,500 geared so tall . The GPS needs time to capture max speeds , and only managed to get a 187 mph max ;)

80 mph 6th gear 4400 rpms.JPG

Bird out riding Jan 1 2019.JPG

Bird 4 @ bush ranch.JPG

GOPR2090.JPG

1st gear wheelie photo.jpg

3rd gear @125 corner.jpg

4th gear @ 160 .jpg

I just used my Gearing commander link / program . 10,500 in 6th is 192 mph about what I figured while out running RJ . The Tour screen with MRA X screen was really causing some drag teamed with the winds .
I taped up the mics on the Gopro to try , and make a better sounding video . No to work on the vibration zone in the mount made in the garage today .

You were able to power wheelie in 3rd with stock engine and the 19/42 gearing? that's cool. Since I tore my arm up balance wheelieing, I've been reluctant. To power wheelie is not as hard IMO. That looked like fun and exhilarating. I think my gearing is 1or 2 down or up, in front, I forget what I got mechanic to do. I wanted a snappier low end.

NICE Bryan!! Awesome runs! I think we actually hit the low side of 60 degrees outside here in NY today. I was wishing that my bike was together so I could have embraced the warm weather.
I want to invest in a go-pro cam so that once I do have the bike together and the season hits I can get some vids of its trial runs (and mine....been 2+ years since I have ridden a motorcycle)

NICE Bryan!! Awesome runs! I think we actually hit the low side of 60 degrees outside here in NY today. I was wishing that my bike was together so I could have embraced the warm weather.
I want to invest in a go-pro cam so that once I do have the bike together and the season hits I can get some vids of its trial runs (and mine....been 2+ years since I have ridden a motorcycle)
I got a wasp camera in a bulk purchase for some dirt bike gear. Not to bad quality for cheap. I got gaerne boots, helmet, pants, shirt, knee guards, and new wasp camera for $180. Have better videos I deleted.

Missed out with friends today due to dense fog up north of me in the forest. Since it was clear to the south just headed out on my own to be a hooligan on a naked bird .
I have not ridden the bird like this in a few years ( no bags ) . Even threw on the old race suit as just had a feeling might get a little throttle happy .
The new Penske needed just a few adjustments of Compression , and rebound reduced 3 clicks each . Probably could take 3/4 turn off preload for how light we were today , but going to leave it alone as 30 lb going right back on for next ride .
Forgot just how quick the old boy is . Especially after all the work over the last few months . Geared 19 / 42 Ram Jam occasionally lofted the front wheel in 2nd with the tall gearing just rolling on hard . Really surprising is pulling 6th gear to 10,500 geared so tall . The GPS needs time to capture max speeds , and only managed to get a 187 mph max ;)

View attachment 1590821

View attachment 1590822

View attachment 1590823

View attachment 1590824

View attachment 1590825

View attachment 1590826

View attachment 1590827
Love the videos I follow you on youtube so saw it before I saw it on the org.

Reactions: c10
Well that was a thrill to watch, the Gen 2 engine sounds beautiful, my Gen 1 sounds great but your motor is another level!
From what I have read, the Gen 2 has another 19hp and a quite a bit more torque than the Gen 1.
I had a decent ride on a black '14 Gen 2 with some nice bits, and it was way gruntier than my bike. More brutal in the power delivery.
I like the lines you use in the entry and exit on bends too, great riding :firing:
Keep posting ride vids Bryan :thumbsup:

I got a wasp camera in a bulk purchase for some dirt bike gear. Not to bad quality for cheap. I got gaerne boots, helmet, pants, shirt, knee guards, and new wasp camera for $180. Have better videos I deleted.

Your speedometer needle swept like a tach needle...that thing has serious acceleration....

Last upload video . its short .

The off set of the camera messes me up somewhat...I feel like I'm falling off the bike....

Other than that, it's awesome to live vicariously through you.
-30'C here this morning so riding a bike in reality is impossible.

Back