little help?

HayaVegas

Donating Member
Registered
I just installed dual 2 bro slip ons, and a pcIII usb. I have a smart tre and nothing else. Everything else is stock.

I couldnt find a map to match 2 bro slip ons, -only full systems. So I used a map from D&D slip ons, and stock air filter.

All is great, the bike runs strong, but it backfires a lot. A lot of popping when the throttle is closed during cruising.

What should I do??

Again, it is 2 slip ons. I had noticed a tiny bit of backfiring lately when it was stock cans and no pcIII....so does that help the diagnosis?

The backfiring is pretty significant.

Should I dload another map, or can I get one from somebody?

Or should I go to Dynojet and get them to tune it?

Should I do the marble mod?

oy!

Sounds like the marble mod is your simplest solution. Give it a shot. (However, what puzzles me is U said U were getting some backfiring with the stock cans) There's also another map for Yosh bolt ons which is another option. I would play with that also. Me personally wouldnt pay to have DynoJet tune it because we are talking about slip ons here. U are not going gain that much as compared to a full system. If U decide to get a custom map, I hear JohnnyCheese is the man here. Good luck.

do the marble mod with the slip ons and you might as well take off the pc cause its not going to make a difference with just slipons

(psycobusa @ Sep. 28 2006,06:38) do the marble mod with the slip ons and you might as well take off the pc cause its not going to make a difference with just slipons
thats what I was thinking.

Marble mod =
super.gif

You can do the "marble mod" as they're calling it, or do it right with a PAIR valve removal kit. I bought mine from Brock Racing.

I ran into the same problem, and never got it completely solved. My bike doesn't back-fire, but it's still got to be running rich or something.

Check your PCIIIUSB. If that accelerator pump function is turned on and not correctly adjusted, the bike will run very very rich.

Don

Marble it.... and the PC3 DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Some peoples definition of difference is if it makes more horse power or not. The PC3 will make a difference in the throttle response, but not in horse power with just slip-ons. My kids have still not missed that marble i used!
wow.gif

(Sloto200 @ Sep. 28 2006,09:13) Marble it.... and the PC3 DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE.  Some peoples definition of difference is if it makes more horse power or not.  The PC3 will make a difference in the throttle response, but not in horse power with just slip-ons.  My kids have still not missed that marble i used!  
wow.gif
I don't know why folks repeat that same old urban legend that slip-ons make no hp diff. If you've actually put some good race cans and a BMC filter on with a properly tuned pc it makes a BIG diff in hp AND throttle response. If anybody wants to see they can ride my bike with everything on, then I'll pull it off and you can ride it again. Unless someones actually tried it they shouldn't be parroting and just repeating what they've heard.
And yes the better breathing your slip-ons are the more backfiring your gonna get.....and the marble mod will completely cure it. Thats as long as you have your pc mapped properly. I tried a tre and it made my bike run worse at low rpm's...was VERY choppy and abrupt and ran wayy too rich, not to mention it destroyed the idle. Pull the tre, marble mod it, get a BMC filter and be sure you have a good map and you'll be quite suprised  
wink.gif

i'd drill holes in my stock cans before wasting money on slipons. i tried some vance and hines slipons once and didnt notice anything different but the noise level. but then again i didnt waste money on trying to tune em for half a HP or so. i paid 700 for brock G3 and noticed a big differnece.

Back