Listen to Ninja Eater and Doc Busa

STUNNAH

THE "STUNGUN" IS BACK!&#33
Donating Member
Registered
Sometimes you can't find enough info to read...It's good to know that we have valuable resorces that will respond with the correct info...I have added a water mist system to my stage 1 kit...All I can say is thanks...

Great on the water. Now when you install the water make sure you set the mist to come on about 6-8lbs. factory setting is higher around 10lbs, which will not do you a lot of good if you set for the 6-8 boost. Also make sure you set a level or warning light for your water level so you do not have to check it all the time. i have to get a light on mine. I am tired of checking the water level at every gas stop. Plus if the pump goes low you will burn it out.

Great on the water. Now when you install the water make sure you set the mist to come on about 6-8lbs.  factory setting is higher around 10lbs, which will not do you a lot of good if you set for the 6-8 boost.  Also make sure you set a level or warning light for your water level so you do not have to check it all the time.  i have to get a light on mine.  I am tired of checking the water level at every gas stop.  Plus if the pump goes low you will burn it out.
Yeah, the water injection sounds like good insurance, but the refill-fill-refill sounds like a pain! I think intercooling would be the ticket...

For me, I will just be careful about holding it in boost for too long for now...

I hear rumors of an intercooler for the Hahn kit in the future...

This is just another indication of how helpful you guys are...And the "STUNNAH" will speak for all board member's...Thanks... :)

This is just another indication of how helpful you guys are...And the "STUNNAH" will speak for all board member's...Thanks...  :)
Thanks for the kudos, but basically, all I do it beeeatch.

Dude, sounds like you got the bomb turbo kit from a good builder, can't wait to hear your report....

Who were you guy's saying to talk to at Velocity? I called yesterday and talked to Frankie. Said Stage I $4795 240hp w/6lbs boost without water. I questioned him about tunning, and shipment of my bike to Fl. from NY. He said if I can do it myself do it. Which isn't a problem, but he also said that I wont need to tune cause the map they send me will be alright, and it wouldn't be worth sending my bike to them.

The lead time on the order is 4 weeks.

So Stunnah, what hp are you looking at with the water? are you going to be able to run 8lbs? Are you getting the base spacer to lower compression?

Can you send me a pm and let me know what your spending? What'd they charge ya for the stage one? Water? Install?

Just curious if I should talk to someone else also, I think it was Kevin?

DAMN I WISH IT WERE EASIER!!!!! SOOOO MANY CHOICES!!!!!! :blush:

Marcus

Who were you guy's saying to talk to at Velocity? I called yesterday and talked to Frankie. Said Stage I $4795 240hp w/6lbs boost without water. I questioned him about tunning, and shipment of my bike to Fl. from NY. He said if I can do it myself do it. Which isn't a problem, but he also said that I wont need to tune cause the map they send me will be alright, and it wouldn't be worth sending my bike to them.

The lead time on the order is 4 weeks.

So Stunnah, what hp are you looking at with the water? are you going to be able to run 8lbs? Are you getting the base spacer to lower compression?

Can you send me a pm and let me know what your spending? What'd they charge ya for the stage one? Water? Install?

Just curious if I should talk to someone else also, I think it was Kevin?

DAMN I WISH IT WERE EASIER!!!!! SOOOO MANY CHOICES!!!!!!   :blush:

Marcus
I have had all my communications with Kevin AKA SUPERKAOS...My price for the stage one kit is the same as yours...My install price is discounted at $500...I am adding the water as a safety device and the 2 stage boost controller...Those items and install an additional $900...I'm not turbo literate but maybe some of the others will add to this thread and contact you directly...You can email Kevin and he will respond...You should be able to get all your questions answered...I just didn't know what all to ask...It's my understanding that I will be able to run up to 8lbs of boost...No I'm not getting the spacer...Sorry I wasn't of much help...

LOL I understand Stunnah, that's why your the new wheelie king not the motor guru.

Thnks for the responses though,

marcus

LOL I understand Stunnah, that's why your the new wheelie king not the motor guru.

Thnks for the responses though,

marcus
No offense Bull, but I would NEVER EVER do a turbo install without having a tuner in your area. That is insane from my perspective regardless of your mechanical abilities. If your map just happens to be incorrect for you setup and altitude, you will be crying when it is time to replace the pistons and other accessories.

Good luck either way though....

Doc, I agree with ya! I've been talkin to motorhead,nlr,and others at(suzukihayabusa.org). I would definatley look into it, but if I'm givin a map for my setup from a turbo tuner I would have it checked and then send all the info back to them for their approval. Ohio is only 5hrs from me so that doesnt sound bad.

Oh and Columbus is only 7hrs maybe I can stop by the Rhythm's pad and let him test it for me!! ;) Sounds like him and I are in the same boat together,

marc

Your welcome here anytime Marc just holla you got the no#, what make you think your gonna have your Turbo before me :tounge:

Like my boy Thinker(Greg) would say Great Mindz think alike.

I have a bike to put one on :tounge: :eek:

JUST PLAYIN

I know the pimp is tryin to do it up right, in time my man!

Perfection takes time, patience, and last but certainly not least MONEY

marc

'''''I have a bike to put one on ''''

That hurt:O :laugh: .....p

vroom baby Vroom Vroom!!! This baby will go with my busa engine on it. :D

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1068501725 -->

red_wagon.gif

The Bull and Ninja eater given Rhtyhm the beat down.

You knotheads got jokes//////////K

When I get back up and run'n I'm gonna have to tap that azz Pimp style fo real :tounge: .

NE,

After great research I'm probably going to end up with a Velocity stage 1 with base spacer and water. Rhythm and I have been in search of the ever growing debate on which turbo? After looking at the pros and cons of all systems I've decided Vel will suit me. MCX had too many downsides with the whole intercooler issue, delivery timeframe, and install process.

I want to say thanks to all that have helped myself and Rhythm,

And I even finally got a chance to talk to Rhythm, HE'S A NICE PIMP!!

Thanks,

marc

Ditto on the thanks Playaz, wuz a pleasure breakn bread with you too Marc.

Holla back Playa.

Back