List of busa mods?

raygul8r

Registered
The FNG has a question for the veterans. Just purchased my 06 Blk Busa. Best bike I have ever owned. Past bikes include ZX9R and R1. Want opinions on best performance mods. I have currently purchased, but not yet installed the: BMC race filter, PCIIIusb, Ivans Smart TRE and am ordering full Yosh RS3 carbon fiber exhaust. What am I missing. I have considered the sprocket conversion - down 1 in the front and up 2 in the rear. Top speed is not as important to me. All advice is greatly appreciated.

link not really for GO-FAST mods but gives you ideas for other mods anyway:

Here's my list ,

Chrome Brake and Clutch Lever Levers
LED Front Signals
LED Rear Clear Brake with Signals Intergrated
Chrome Bar Ends
Chrome Kanji OilCAP
TRE Timing Retard Eliminator
Chrome Stator Engine Cover
Chrome Clutch Cover
Chrome Billet Kickstand
Leather Tank Bra With Kanji Logo
Chrome Master Cylinder and Reservoir Caps
Chrome Rear Grab
Chrome TripleTree
ZeroGravity DB WindScreen
Chrome Passanger Peg Sets
Chrome Fairing Screens / Grills
PowerCommanderIII
Steel BrakeLines
Performance BrakePads with Rotors
Chrome Hayabusa Kanji Decals , for helmets and windscreen
smile.gif

Chrome Brake Bar
Chrome Shifter Linkage
Chrome Frame Caps
and A TankCam Stand

In fact the list never ends
smile.gif

smile.gif

No list...just a Welcome!
biggrin.gif

Now, where are the pics?
rock.gif
tounge.gif

Thanks for the list. I will get a pic on here soon with my girl in a bikini on the bike, my friends say she looks better than I do in the bikini. Any ideas on the sprockets. Has anyone heard of guys messing with the gearing on the Busa's. I changed my R1's and it was worth it. Thanks again for the help.

welcome! Check out my post "calling all stock busa riders".

Most seem to go 42 tooth on the rear and leave the front alone. 17/42 combination.

A different windscreen, rotor and pad upgrade and rearsets. A set of Pazzo levers are well worth the cost. Speedohealer is another great upgrade for little money.

Or, you could follow grabntwist and go with ohlins forks, shock, Marvic wheels. Galfer etc.
bowdown.gif

It never ends so be prepared for some overtime!

hogger...

All I've done is
Yosh RS-3 full exhaust
PCIII usb w/map
Harris Grips
Suzuki (Kanji Logo) tank bra

about to finally cut off the 18 wheeler mud flap
laugh.gif
prolly this weekend

Suspension would be my 1st mod. Match the springs front and rear to your weight and riding style.

After having my suspension worked over at Traxxion Dynamics, no machine I own will ever have stock springs.

Keep in mind I ride 2up all the time, I am 340 lbs. If you are under 200lb, check out Jinksters suspension thread.

I would leave it stock, but I am already getting mod stupid. Today the mud flap went away and a integrated smoked tail light assembly was installed along with Puig windscreen and carbonfiber looking levers. 58 cycle store is going to break me.

Anyone know if Yoshi makes a full system with dual carbonfiber cans? Hopefully RS-3. Frame sliders already enroute to the house. Any tips on installing them would be usefull. Thanks again.

Sincerely,

More money than brains.

Want opinions on best performance mods.

What am I missing. I have considered the sprocket conversion - down 1 in the front and up 2 in the rear.

Top speed is not as important to me. All advice is greatly appreciated.
I will pass on listing my mods, hit my link in my signature if you want some ideas.

I see you have a TRE listed, but at the same time you say "Top speed is not Important" - well than do yourself a favor and forget the TRE - Get your bike a pcIII usb, spend some $$$ at the dyno and have a proper map built - much better route, and you will see some extra performance you wont get with a TRE.

If you change your 17/40 gearing to 16/42 you will never top out the 184 speed limiter, which your trying to cancel out by the TRE. And if your beliving the TRE smooth's out throttle response, well let me know your results and than compare em with everyone else here who had a TRE and than pulled the thing off.

Sounds like you have some riding experience with some nice bikes. I would ride the Busa stock just a little while, than see what you think needs improving. The exhaust is usually a first upgrade to many, as the sound is neat, but make sure you don't end up running her to lean or rich without properly mapping your bike - why pay for worse performance than stock.

Im currently running a 17/42 sprocket and like the gearing setup for my weight (210 lbs). I chose to run a steel Driven USA sprocket in the rear, 1 for quality of material and build, secondly is for higher HP bikes I dont like the idea of saving a pound or so to compromise strength of the sprocket. I use stock front gear because I don't want to hear the whine of an aftermarket sprocket, and stock does the job just fine. Might want to think about upgrading the wimpy stock chain to an EK zzz chain since your already down there. Also might want to consider making your Busa not such a pig. New wheels, carbon fiber, titanium, aluminum, etc...gets expensive real quick, I know and several other guys here know this expense...ask Grabntwist, and Speedmon who are also currently playing this $$$$$ game.

Lots of guys have went Turbo like NitrousJunkie and MidnightBusainSD or Highly Modified big-bore nitrous bikes. I would suggest reading everything they post...heck read everything everyone has posted on these performance mods...you need to get your Phd if you plan to go this route..a Masters degree only makes things go Poooof.

I guess the term "Best" means many things to many different people. If you have unlimited funds, find a guy close to you here from the forums and buy em beer and some small parts for their Busa & they will take you under their wing and help spend your $$$$ wisely. If your like most of us "Busa-poor" than read, read, read the posts here. Learn from other's in their glory or melt-downs.

Good luck, stay safe, and welcome to the forums.

John

<!--EDIT|valium
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147251483 -->

Welcome to the Site
beerchug.gif
and Mod away, just have an idea
idea3.gif
of what you want when you end
wink.gif
or you'll be going on FOREVER
laugh.gif

Leave it stock.  The mods never ever ever end.  
sad.gif
quoted for TRUTH!

Can you say the snowballllllll effect?

Use that money and buy the best gear you could afford. Gear will stay, bike will be married off to some other dude sooner or later.

<!--EDIT|jigisup
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147289386 -->

Thanks for the advice Valium. The exhaust is the next big purchase. Hopefully by the end of the year I will get the Marchesini wheels in aluminum. I think I will take your advice and go with the +2 sprocket in the rear and leave the front alone. Nitrous and Turbos are not for me right now. This is by far the most comfortable bike I have ever owned. Always been a Busa fan and now I own one.

Still catch myself gawking in store windows at my reflection on the bike. I'm okay with being vain. Thanks again.

I'm assuming the whole smoothing out the throttle with the TRE is complete BS from what I am reading. Thanks again.

Back