Link to gen1 owners, or shop manual needed

devious1

Registered
I have downloaded the PDF for the 99' - 03' shop manual another forum member was kind enough to provide, but I am in need of one that covers the '07 Hayabusa. Just acquired my second busa, (first one was stolen and never recovered) and now I have acquired an '07 that was purchased new, driven a thousand miles, and then garaged and ignored for the last nine years. I'm dealing with a bike that was stored with a quarter tank of gas for nearly a decade. Inside of the tank is a train wreck. I have 5 gallons of "Metal Rescue" that I'm going to attempt to use to address that problem. However, all fluids are nine years old, and I really need to go over this bike before putting it on the road for summer. Any links to a PDF owners manual or shop manual for that period bike would be greatly appreciated. E-mail me, PM me, or link it here.
Thanks in advance, and hello from north Florida!

At least she looks good from a cosmetic standpoint. :)

29vylo5.jpg

Just download the PDF to your computer. I have the Gen I and Gen II

Already done. I realized my error in judgment somewhere around the time the printer was hitting page 200. It's a nice fast commercial unit that sits a few feet from my desk, but as I started to feel the heat coming off it, I realized I might have misjudged the value of a hard copy. lol :)

Thanks again for the link dadofthree. At this point, with the help of the manual, the Busa appears by all rights, to be road ready. Used some POR-15 "Marine Clean" to clean up and remove the varnish and junk from tank interior, followed by filling the tank with six gallons of "Metal Rescue" for an 18 hour soak. Drained tank, flushed a few times with around ten gallons of sacrificial gas, mixed with a quart of two stroke oil to prevent any flash rusting while I re-installed the tank and got fueled up. Tank is as good as new. Coolant system repeatedly flushed, and now filled with "Engine Ice". Front and rear brakes, as well as clutch have been bleed with DOT 4. (Despite the low mileage, quite nasty after the nine years of neglect) Oil and filter changed. Tires inspected and filled to 38 and 38, chain lubed up, etc. After giving everything a once over, I just put the first thirteen miles on this busa, and she runs as if she just rolled off the showroom floor. Looking forward to the summer riding season. Giddy up. :thumbsup:

Back