Lil' change up..still thinking!!!!

Rollin20z

Registered
Well since the redo in color I just wasn't feeling the feeling the gold. Even with adding levers,rearsets and a black pinstripe to the wheels it still just didn't do it. So I found a brand new set of 11 Busa black takeoffs and figured it was just easier to replace instead of redo the wheels. Honestly it looks like a different girl all together to me, sorta like going from a true blonde to a brunette :laugh: Anyways I powder coated the rear pegs and will stick them back on and see how they look, and yes replacing the rearsets with some black ones. Thinking about also doing the bottom half of front fender black to break up the orange a little more and it will give it a more falcon beak look in the front. And powder coated the pipe, rear master and get anything else like the banjo bolts and misc tid bits done black so there is no silver/chrome messing up the orange/black flow.
Also powder coated and added the throttlemeister I had thrown in the tool box forever(turned out good black with just the thin polished stripe). Now that I see how much better the black wheels look I have a set of black gen 1 Marchesini's (time to make some new spacers) just collecting dust which I think will really make it look even a lil better. Anyhow give me your thoughts on what ya think and any other suggestions. I'm always up to trying something different to see how it looks, I figure it doesn't take much to change it back if it doesn't sit well.
Couple before before, before, yesterday and for now pics(well at least for today anyway):whistle:

DSCN0410.jpg

DSCN0414.jpg

DSCN6212.jpg

DSCN6209.jpg

DSCN6422.jpg

DSCN6424.jpg

DSCN6497.jpg

DSCN6499.jpg

DSCN6518.jpg

DSCN6520.jpg

DSCN6523.jpg

DSCN6524.jpg

Fantastic call the the black. The gold to me really didn't go IMO. Looks sharp as hell there now!

looks better with the black rims.

hey roll'n theres suppose to be a fun run tomorrow at appleton HD in c-ville. if the weather changes you going

Thanks guys....:beerchug: I like it a little bit myself ...:rofl:

looks better with the black rims.

hey roll'n theres suppose to be a fun run tomorrow at appleton HD in c-ville. if the weather changes you going

Didn't know anything about it. What time is it? Might roll out there if it's nice and nothing else is going on. hat about you? Where you located?

Oh forgot to add a new pic from today. Went ahead and did the exhaust and went ahead and blacked out some of engine bolts that were stainless silver and all the banjo bolts on the brake/clutch system. next I guess I'll go ahead and pull the tail and put the pass pegs back on.

Amazing at just how much of a difference just changing the color of bolts and fittings will make. Now to finish my screens, rearsets and switch the spools to black and I may be finished for a week or 2. :laugh:

DSCN6535.jpg

DSCN6530.jpg

DSCN6539.jpg

DSCN6540.jpg

At first I was like "eh... does he know his fairing is god awfully ugly?" because I'm reading the post and thinking the first pic is after the work you were talking about...

then I scroll down..

and I'm like "oh, cool, repainted everything. Looks okay, not great but not bad. maybe a good primer...."

scrolled down...

"WOW that is a FANTASTIC looking paintjob."

At first I was like "eh... does he know his fairing is god awfully ugly?" because I'm reading the post and thinking the first pic is after the work you were talking about...

then I scroll down..

and I'm like "oh, cool, repainted everything. Looks okay, not great but not bad. maybe a good primer...."

scrolled down...

"WOW that is a FANTASTIC looking paintjob."

It's actually a candy apple red lacquer base coat clear coat but I sprayed a yellow tint over the silver base to get the more orange look, cause I already have a burgundy busa and a candy apple R1 so I wanted something a little different and something no one else had. It's sorta close to the 08 orange but actually totally different if they are side by side. And besides I figured if I didn't like it it would be easy enough to change it. Honestly I was looking at changing bike color with the gold wheels, but with the black I think I'll keep the color it is for a minute or 2. :laugh: I do have to rub it out a little more and throw a good buff on it to get a nice glossy shine to it yet, but I want to let it cure a while longer.

nice work...always great when it comes altogether. I like the Suzuki on the wheel. I know it is a "cool" factor to smoke the rear lenses..but it is not in your overall best interests safety speaking. My buddy had his smoked also and when we are carving canyons I learned real quick to give him plenty of cushion 'cause u can't see when he taps the brakes at all...just saying.
:whistle:

nice work...always great when it comes altogether. I like the Suzuki on the wheel. I know it is a "cool" factor to smoke the rear lenses..but it is not in your overall best interests safety speaking. My buddy had his smoked also and when we are carving canyons I learned real quick to give him plenty of cushion 'cause u can't see when he taps the brakes at all...just saying.
:whistle:

Actually I was wondering about that when I tinted them, and they are tinted just enough for the blacked out look but still are pretty easily seen, even on a good sunny day.

Back