Likelihood of a draft

The pay scale is just base pay for each rank. From there, soldiers get paid for housing and food, as well as a little extra for being in a hazardous area (ie. Middle East)..which is all 100% tax free if deployed.

I do agree that a draft would lower the skill level and integrity that the service has worked so hard to achieve. They still let morons into the service with waivers and such, but I know that the guys and gals I work with are the best at what they do becuase they put all their efforts into being the best....If we had a draft, I'd re-up just because it'd be the right thing to do for the country, but I'd get out of an MOS that does alot of combat missions...don't want some pissed off hippy shooting me just because the brig sounds more appealing than combat.

Just my $.02 :)

Fear and greed keep each other in check. That's the way the real world works. Like it or not. If these Counties don't fear us, their greed will destroy us. It's only our threats that keep them in check. When threats aren't taken seriously, there is no deterrent to prevent them from taking what they want.

Talk works on the little league field or the boardroom but, when it's life or death you better hope that the guy that wants your head fears you or he will take your head and those of your family and friends too.

I see no need to talk to those that have sworn to wipe us off the face of the earth and lop the heads off our citizens or hang the charred bodies of our service men from bridges. Our enemies only want to talk in order to buy time to grow stronger so they can kill us better.

I hear you, but still think that isn't the only way to look at the issue.

Fear and greed keep each other in check. That's the way the real world works. Like it or not. If these Counties don't fear us, their greed will destroy us. It's only our threats that keep them in check. When threats aren't taken seriously, there is no deterrent to prevent them from taking what they want.

Talk works on the little league field or the boardroom but, when it's life or death you better hope that the guy that wants your head fears you or he will take your head and those of your family and friends too.

I see no need to talk to those that have sworn to wipe us off the face of the earth and lop the heads off our citizens or hang the charred bodies of our service men from bridges. Our enemies only want to talk in order to buy time to grow stronger so they can kill us better.

So you will be enlisting when?

With the Dem's in power in BOTH White House and Congress, I think it's a done deal. Many Dem's have been trying to do this for 3 years, so now it's a Political situation. You need to remember when you get into the Decision Making Position, things change real quick on what you said you would do, and what you now SEE must be done. So, coming out of Iraq and shifting all troops to Afgan is NOT a do-able situation. Not unless you want to go back in again later.

Sorry:unhappy:

You certainly seem to know your Nazi stuff....just saying :whistle:
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it

let me just throw that history stuff out and act like it never happened... (oops there are some that say it never did... my bad)

You know how many died in WW2? I do... most amazing number that it is hard to get ones head around it....

Last edited:
Back