Like pro-street cars?

cool.gif
Sweet.

Rev,
Fuel mileage is horrific. The car is tagged and insured, but with 14.5 compression, 114 is minimum for cruising and 118 VP C-16 for the track. It gets about 2 1/2 or 3 mpg around town, but it's worth every drop.
cool.gif

The 55' looks like RIck Dyers 55' from the early 90's in the fastest street car shootout series. I got to meet him one time in Manassas, Va for a street race he came up to run.

Good eye GMbusa, that's the car. It was built by a friend of ours named Monty Berney out in San Mateo CA. CARS Inc bought the car from him and let Dyer, who worked for them, drive it in the shootout series. My partner bought it direct from CARS, and we had to do a lot of work to it to get it back on the track. Sweet thing about that deal is; remember when Hot Rod mag had the original shoot-outs where the fastest street cars in America raced for a jacket and bragging rights? CARS is the company that sponsored that deal and had the jackets made; there was one left over that I snagged when we went to pick up the car. Cool, eh?

Back