Like pro-street cars?

Un-Caged

Donating Member
Registered
Some of you drag racers here might like to see one of the beasts my business partner and I race. This is the 57: 648 2-stage n2o, lenco 5-speed, 2900 lbs, 4.40's in the 1/8th. If she gets out a car length on a pro-mod, it's over.

We've been bitten by the drag racing bug for about 10 years now. I can't wait till we go out of town again and I can load Daisy up in the trailer along with the car.

Red%2057%2036%20%28Medium%29.jpg

I like Pro Street cars.  My daily driver that I've owned for a million years is a V8 Pinto.  I built the .030 over 302 and it runs a single stage NOS system, posi, built automatic etc etc.  This year I hope to get a cage in it and get some real meat in the back.

My youngest daughter loves to ride in it to pre-school.  She always goes "daddie my orange car say vrroooom vrooom!" when she gets in.

On race nights my back seat has a nitrous bottle, helmet, and a baby seat in it.  I get really odd looks from all the hoity-toity's at work and I love it.  There's nothing in the parking lot that can take me except a lone Z06 which (fittingly) is owned by my boss.

Pinto_Burnout.jpg

Damn Un-Caged that thing is nice... There is a specialty shop just up the road that has a couple of street legal pro-streeters on the floor... All I can say is
thumbs-up.gif
would be a great way to get to and from work... FAST.

Thanks all. The 57 is not street legal; the class doesn't require tags etc., but the 55 in my avatar is. It's got a 632 2-stage, 4 speed lenco, all steel 3600lbs, and does 5.0's. Here's another pic with the 57, the 55, and a few customers cars. We get to build some pretty nice toys at other's expense.

Shop%201%20%28Medium%29.jpg

I like the Pinto V8; you don't see those hardly anymore, or V8 Vegas for that matter. Cool toy.

Looks like Mike Christians old car. Ive dragged race for years but sold everything to get back into bikes. I cant afford both. U guys are def fast ive only gone 9.44 at 144mph with a 1.44 60 foot. 93 Mustang with a Big Blk 512 on motor no Nitrous with a Powerglide Trans.

wedge,
You mean Tony Christian? Yeah, that's it. 9.44 is a quick pass for a 512 na engine; good job. Pics?

So uh what kind of fuel milage do you get outta a 632
rock.gif
Just curious, has it been calculated?

Back