Lights Out

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
Very interesting. CHAMP - lights out (Video)

Reminds me of a experiance once... it was about 1975 and a friend has a very powerful CB with a very powerful linear in it. He was sitting at a Smokey Mountain Market on Chapman Hwy in Knoxville TN. A VW bug was at the red light just about 25 yards from us. He would key the CB mic and that VW would die. He would let up and this lady would fire her VW up and then he would kill it again. He did this about 3 or 4 times as I was a kid and laughing so hard. Funny to me. :laugh:

Glad it wasn't you.... I don't even know if that Market is still there. It was just before you get to the Henley St Bridge and Baptist Hospital. I never understood how that worked but it must have killed the coil or messed with the points.
I live 3 minutes from Chapman Hwy. :laugh: Can't say that was my bug though!

What you are describing is electromagnetic pulse inducing an over-current in integrated circuits and rendering them inoperable for a period of time. It probably reversed the pole in the ignition system and caused the engine to stall due to no spark either that or it energized the engine stop solenoid. If the FCC finds out about any such intentional or unintentional electronic or Radio frequency interference you could be in for a hefty fine.

Well, the electromagnetic event was in the mid 1970's and old Slew Foot that keyed the mic is now passed into the "HOLY LAND" and was most likely forgiving for his sins. Myself.... I was an inocent approx 16 year old laughing bystander. I think old Slew Foot was doing it on purpose as it was funny as ****! But he never done anything wrong in my book and sure do miss him! He was truely "GOLDEN".
What you are describing is electromagnetic pulse inducing an over-current in integrated circuits and rendering them inoperable for a period of time. It probably reversed the pole in the ignition system and caused the engine to stall due to no spark either that or it energized the engine stop solenoid. If the FCC finds out about any such intentional or unintentional electronic or Radio frequency interference you could be in for a hefty fine.

Well, the electromagnetic event was in the mid 1970's and old Slew Foot that keyed the mic is now passed into the "HOLY LAND" and was most likely forgiving for his sins. Myself.... I was an inocent approx 16 year old laughing bystander. I think old Slew Foot was doing it on purpose as it was funny as ****! But he never done anything wrong in my book and sure do miss him! He was truely "GOLDEN".

:beerchug: Good memories then. My dad had a big amp on his cb radio and he would sit out front in the van right around the evening news. It would scramble the TV signal and I am sure the neighbors experienced it too. Time passed and he picked up a Yaesu Ham radio with a large antenna array above the garage. The Interference continued and he was paid a visit by someone from the FCC to take a look at his arrangement and advise him of the law. He learned about grounding and wattage limits for a civilian operator after that.

Back