Lights adjustment.The easy way!!!

There is no way to adjust the high beam down with out adjusting the low beam down On the Gen II
That the facts jack.... One adjuster two lights,
Mike

I miss the old gen 1 high beam....it was like a light sabre that clearly lit up everything for what seemed like miles.
The Gen 2 high beam sucks....lots of light but no real distance or focus to it....lights up road signs ok but nowhere near as good as the gen1.

Low beam was set pretty well on my Gen2 so all i've done is change the long life bulb out for something that actually produces light onto the road.
Its a Suzuki weakness with all their bikes.
My Tuono V4 has projector lights and high spec bulbs and it shows....though its high beam also sucks.

There is indeed an adjustment for left/right....

If you simply remove the four plastic push-pins that retain the lower chin cowling in place, pull out the chin piece, voilà, there are the adjusters sitting right there for easy access.

The LOWER LEFT one is the vertical adjustment. Crank this 10mm nut CLOCKWISE to raise the beam.

The UPPER RIGHT one is the horizontal adjustment.

118052d1224535330-headlight-adjustment-100_1578b.jpg

On my 09, I had to turn my 10mm vertical adjustment nut COUNTER-clockwise to raise the beam. I double and triple checked to make sure I wasn't crazy. Thanks for this should have adjusted it a LONG time ago! I've been riding to work on back roads alot lately since we built and now I can see more than 50ft in front of me!!

Exactly. Thanks for putting up this thread, I really need this adjustment bad. I hate riding at night and I have HIDs.

On my 09, I had to turn my 10mm vertical adjustment nut COUNTER-clockwise to raise the beam. I double and triple checked to make sure I wasn't crazy. Thanks for this should have adjusted it a LONG time ago! I've been riding to work on back roads alot lately since we built and now I can see more than 50ft in front of me!!

Yeah on mine it was counter clockwise too. Just did this adjustment....now I can go to the local bike nights.

Hi guys, lots of great info here..Thanks to all contributors.
I converted my low beam to a high output white bulb and was working great. Then had to replace the bulb and now
my low beam is like 2 feet in front of me. Totally sucks at any type of speed. What did I do wrong ? I've tried shifting the housing
by hand, but no go. As i said I only replaced the bulb, didn't touch anything else....but apparently I did ??

Hi guys, lots of great info here..Thanks to all contributors.
I converted my low beam to a high output white bulb and was working great. Then had to replace the bulb and now
my low beam is like 2 feet in front of me. Totally sucks at any type of speed. What did I do wrong ? I've tried shifting the housing
by hand, but no go. As i said I only replaced the bulb, didn't touch anything else....but apparently I did ??

Sounds like you didn't get the bulb seated all the way into the housing. If the bulb is angled just a small bit it will through off your beam. If you didn't change any of the adjustments then the beam of the new bulb should fall in the same spot as the old one.

Back