Lights adjustment.The easy way!!!

Anyone ever scratch their head and say geez I wonder what that's for? ??? or Why did the those Japanese engineers do that? :whistle:

Look at the photos below, there are screwdriver guides molded into the assembly below each adjuster and what's with those crazy looking toothed washer, wonder what that's for? Damn thing has more teeth than that guy who bent the throttle cable bracket. :poke:

The headlight assembly is designed to be adjusted from below and with just a simple #2 phillips screwdriver. Pop the fasteners, remove the cover and va la! Easy access.
Shown is a Gen I headlight but the Gen II (high beam) is the same.

IMG_4131 (Mobile).JPG IMG_4131-2 (Mobile).JPG

IMG_4132 (Mobile).JPG IMG_4133 (Mobile).JPG IMG_4133-2 (Mobile).JPG

IMG_4134 (Mobile).JPG IMG_4134-2 (Mobile).JPG

IMG_4131 (Mobile).JPG

IMG_4131-2 (Mobile).JPG

IMG_4131-3 (Mobile).JPG

IMG_4132 (Mobile).JPG

IMG_4133 (Mobile).JPG

IMG_4133-2 (Mobile).JPG

IMG_4134 (Mobile).JPG

IMG_4134-2 (Mobile).JPG

After reading this thread no I am really confused going to my manual I need to point mine a little up too :moon:

Screw driver guides I get now thanks :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Last edited:
Just put HID's in my bike and love them. Is there a way to adjust only the high beam down? Its lighting up the trees more than the road. the low beam is fine. When i brake gently I can see much further. Helpful post by the way, that phillips screwdriver thing is ingenious.

Hey thanks. I never thought about your way. Much easier then what I did. I need to adjust them again and this thread will help.
Thanks
:clap:

Just put HID's in my bike and love them. Is there a way to adjust only the high beam down? Its lighting up the trees more than the road. the low beam is fine. When i brake gently I can see much further. Helpful post by the way, that phillips screwdriver thing is ingenious.

they have separate adjustments I believe there are 4 seprate screws??? 1 left an right an up down for each ???

Make sure you are not confusing glare with misalignment...

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...126209-why-retrofits-safer-than-hid-kits.html

this retro fit thing seems to be pretty awesome

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/electrical-mods/118651-double-bixenon-retro.html

there was a thread here that had a before an after on a bike, the difference from the in light projecting from both HID installs was impressive... Every HID I have seen myself seems to shine way to much light into the wrong places... wrong place would in the mirror an eyes of a cager with a lack of respect for the life of a biker:whistle: :laugh:

Hope all goes well with the adjustment:thumbsup:

Last edited:
No, the top one is for horizontal and the bottom one is for verticle. it is a one piece housing for both lights.
Gen I has separate adjusters(2x2) for high and low beam...and Gen II only 2 for both high and low beam .One for horizontal and one for vertical adj for both beams at the same time

just checked , the one above the vertical is for horizontal as well.... so 1 vertical & 2 horizontal, if i am not mistaken..

There is indeed an adjustment for left/right....

If you simply remove the four plastic push-pins that retain the lower chin cowling in place, pull out the chin piece, voilà, there are the adjusters sitting right there for easy access.

The LOWER LEFT one is the vertical adjustment. Crank this 10mm nut CLOCKWISE to raise the beam.

The UPPER RIGHT one is the horizontal adjustment.

118052d1224535330-headlight-adjustment-100_1578b.jpg

Warchild is right I adjusted my headlight when I fit my dog bones, to raise the beam its clockwise.
I did it the long way round by removing the lower cover :banghead:

Best regards Stretch :laugh:

I just posted a thread asking this question about a week ago.

Yes I suggest a Sticky...

You guys are awesome ! I just installed a new Silver Star and was amazed at how well it lit up the road under 1st gear throttle. I didn't notice any adjuster mechanism when I was installing the new bulb. Once I raise the low beam and lower the high beam just a tad everyting will be perfect. Thanks for the tutorial !

Back