Lightning's new bike looks better to me than the Livewire

To each his own, but losing by a hundredth of a second doesn't really say "spanked" to me:

Nine-point-nine-four seconds after the start, the H2 has covered a quarter-mile and is traveling 148 mph. The Lightning is less than a hundredth of a second and 4 mph behind.

https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/kawasaki-h2-vs-lightning-ls-218#page-3

I get "second place is the first loser and all that" but it's impressive showing. The LS-218 set a speed record as the fastest production motorcycle (that's where the 218 comes from) at the Bonneville Salt Flats. That's not fastest electric, it's fastest of any production motorcycle. Add to that a win at Pikes Peak in 2013 and I think it's fair to say the folks at Lightning know a thing or two about going stupid fast.

I own a 2008 Busa that I can't seem to stay healthy enough to ride much as it is so I won't be spending $38K on an LS or even $13 on a Strike. But it's cool to watch the new guys on the block and see what they can deliver.

The biggest thing holding the E bikes (or cars) back is the range and cost and intricacy of production.

I read something yesterday about the end of life for the lithium power packs and how toxic and nasty they are to recycle and dispose of. Perhaps we in developed countries might be able to do a good job of recycle them but what about the under-developed countries? The major polluters of our planet are these under-developed countries (and China), we can have all the e tech we want here but if they are operating in status quo mode, nothing will change.

Even in the end, unless power is drawn from a renewable source, something has to be burnt in order to provide power to the batteries.

The biggest thing holding the E bikes (or cars) back is the range and cost and intricacy of production.

I read something yesterday about the end of life for the lithium power packs and how toxic and nasty they are to recycle and dispose of. Perhaps we in developed countries might be able to do a good job of recycle them but what about the under-developed countries? The major polluters of our planet are these under-developed countries (and China), we can have all the e tech we want here but if they are operating in status quo mode, nothing will change.

Even in the end, unless power is drawn from a renewable source, something has to be burnt in order to provide power to the batteries.
imagine what a pita it would be riding a cell phone.... cant go tooo far... must plug in..... roll my eyes.

imagine what a pita it would be riding a cell phone.... cant go tooo far... must plug in..... roll my eyes.
Hi ali123. How have U been? I went by your neck of the woods 84 is one rough road. I also went to DME Dimey gave me a 3 hr tour for real They a great shop I got tons of info. I also meet Angle Smith, Sampy 3 time Pro Stock champ. She has gone on to the dark side Vance & Hines riding an HD.

I hear you and whole heartedly agree, but we are small voices in a loud world it seems. It will be up to this generation to decide our fate...heaven help us all......

I hear you and whole heartedly agree, but we are small voices in a loud world it seems. It will be up to this generation to decide our fate...heaven help us all......
lol... this generation.... I dunno man... seems they all grew up with a silver spoon in their mouth... had a 24 year old newjack HIDE in the bubble(officers station) while a wild use of force was going down..... just inexperience I think... I got some crazy stories that are recent.... but they are HOT cases still being sorted out.... CRAZY stuff.... even by my standards.... make ure jaw drop.

Hi ali123. How have U been? I went by your neck of the woods 84 is one rough road. I also went to DME Dimey gave me a 3 hr tour for real They a great shop I got tons of info. I also meet Angle Smith, Sampy 3 time Pro Stock champ. She has gone on to the dark side Vance & Hines riding an HD.
im excited for u man.... I am... I had a long long summer... I was forced to work toooo much and im burnt.... but they hired ALOT of new people recently... so its been nice recently... during the summer... EVERYDAY that I went to work ALL SUMMER.... there was a risk of getting stuck(mandatory overtime aka a double shift)…. it was tough... hopefully this summer I will have some more work done and actually ride this thing.

im excited for u man.... I am... I had a long long summer... I was forced to work toooo much and im burnt.... but they hired ALOT of new people recently... so its been nice recently... during the summer... EVERYDAY that I went to work ALL SUMMER.... there was a risk of getting stuck(mandatory overtime aka a double shift)…. it was tough... hopefully this summer I will have some more work done and actually ride this thing.
Hi alt123. I wish I had all that OT. Every cent I make goes into the bike. I even look for pennies on the ground while at work! I need about $50,000.00 more to finish it. I have $35,000.00 in it now. I drive a 1998 Saturn SW2 wagon with 230,000 miles on it. That I got for free. The junk yard did not want it.

Hi alt123. I wish I had all that OT. Every cent I make goes into the bike. I even look for pennies on the ground while at work! I need about $50,000.00 more to finish it. I have $35,000.00 in it now. I drive a 1998 Saturn SW2 wagon with 230,000 miles on it. That I got for free. The junk yard did not want it.
haha.... u deserve it man.... crazy life u lived through... ure lucky... but hot rodding is a sickness.... to tell the truth... im more of a car guy than a bike guy.... but the deal on this bike was toooo good to pass up... its way over my head.... im learning though.... it has enough power to kill me... and strange things run through my brain.... I melted the front brake caliper(scrubbing off some crazy speed).....that's the real reason I bought those calipers and am doing the brake upgrade.... having the power and trying to lay it alllll out arte 2 different things.... espescially off route 84 at 3 am.... PS... im no squid... ive been riding since I was 16.... but STILL.....

honestly.... I never thought i would own a house or anything.... but i got a deal on a condo on a short sale... and I paid less than HALF what it previously sold for.... so I bought it thinking I was gonna have a 500 dollar mortagage..... LOLOLOL... the closing costs were RIDICULOUS... the taxes are a RIDICULOUS.... im not saving any money by owning this place.... im getting bent over... renting from the government.

haha.... u deserve it man.... crazy life u lived through... ure lucky... but hot rodding is a sickness.... to tell the truth... im more of a car guy than a bike guy.... but the deal on this bike was toooo good to pass up... its way over my head.... im learning though.... it has enough power to kill me... and strange things run through my brain.... I melted the front brake caliper(scrubbing off some crazy speed).....that's the real reason I bought those calipers and am doing the brake upgrade.... having the power and trying to lay it alllll out arte 2 different things.... espescially off route 84 at 3 am.... PS... im no squid... ive been riding since I was 16.... but STILL.....
Hi. Like I said it is one bumpy road. Would you like to go to Loring Maine this summer? You could run it wide open for 1 and 1/2 miles. I want to try to get them to make a new class for street motorcycles like ours to run for records.

Hi. Like I said it is one bumpy road. Would you like to go to Loring Maine this summer? You could run it wide open for 1 and 1/2 miles. I want to try to get them to make a new class for street motorcycles like ours to run for records.
I might have to swap sprockets.... I think its 19 or 20 up front..... and 42 in back.... I THINK... PLUS.... on c16.... it never made a clean run and the tach signal was lost(a boost leak was also discovered a month later)… so it made that 550hp at 9500 rpms and the run not clean through on the c16... so it would really need to be tuned on c16(and im kinda scared to let it rip again.)

Michael.… u see that 900 hp bike for sale through BigCC? he is askin 60K.... would u ever be interested in going half(me and you) on a bike like that? maybe u could take motor/turbo and we could part out the rest? im just thinkin out lous here.. do u think we could make money on it?

Hi. Where I live we pay $325.00 a week for taxes alone. We have sola and wind for electric and we only use wood for heat. It is 7 bedrooms + 4 big other rooms it is 65 by 36 feet 2 floors + basement and 16 by 16 deck. on 57 acers of land.

Hi. Where I live we pay $325.00 a week for taxes alone. We have sola and wind for electric and we only use wood for heat. It is 7 bedrooms + 4 big other rooms it is 65 by 36 feet 2 floors + basement and 16 by 16 deck. on 57 acers of land.
HI. If I had $30,000.00 I would. Do I think we could make $ no I do not. But would love to have it. I wanted to buy the one you bought, but no $. I am just an old broken down vet with a big dream. I need to make a lot of money somehow.

HI. If I had $30,000.00 I would. Do I think we could make $ no I do not. But would love to have it. I wanted to buy the one you bought, but no $. I am just an old broken down vet with a big dream. I need to make a lot of money somehow.
lol... home equity loan Michael..... or m and t bank.... my whole life is on credit.... or was.... this past summer I got almost everything paid off.... at one point I was 35000 in debt to discover and mastercard..... now its o.... felt great.... and I saved my credit... my credit score is 760.... and my car is paid off...… im caught between banking the 500 dollar car note and saving money or buying a new car right away... im really digging on those new hellcats.... this is a great period of my life... by far... took me forever to get here and im kinda burnt... but im happy... and that's all there is... I don't wanna come across as a jerk.... im nobody from nowhere.. I probably should be dead.. of the 12 people I was close with growing up... 3 are dead... 6 are in jail... 2 are struggling but semi-productive citizens.. and 1 is a born again Christian... and the born again Christian is a guy who i personally watched alost beat a guy to death with a chain and padlock..... crazy life looking back at it..... glad I lived to get to the good times.... but I swear we will link up this summer... and u can tell me what I need to do to the bike.... ill take alllll the help I can get.

Last edited:
Back