Lightning's new bike looks better to me than the Livewire

Excursion05

Registered
http://lightningmotorcycle.com/lightning-strikes-twice/

Lightning Strikes Twice – The All-New Lightning Strike is Coming

2019-01-19_13-23-56.jpg

Lightning Motorcycles is ready to take the industry by storm. After years of developing the most advanced electric motorcycle technology in the world while dominating racetracks and setting land speed records with the LS-218 Superbike, Lightning is announcing the upcoming launch of the all-new Lightning Strike – the world’s first premium mass-market electric motorcycle.

Designed to shock the industry in every dimension, Strike is capable of a 150 mile range, 150 mph top speed and DC fast-charging in 35 minutes.

With an ultra competitive starting price of $12,998, Strike offers more design, performance, range and technology than any other electric motorcycle in its segment – without exception. Full product details and unveiling will take place at the official Strike launch in March 2019.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://lightningmotorcycle.com/lightning-strikes-twice/

Lightning Strikes Twice – The All-New Lightning Strike is Coming

With an ultra competitive starting price of $12,998, Strike offers more design, performance, range and technology than any other electric motorcycle in its segment – without exception. Full product details and unveiling will take place at the official Strike launch in March 2019.
The Lightning sport bike on Leno's Garage was 38K :shocked:

The thing is lighter than a feather C10 would love it impressive top speed 218 mph? don t know about you guys but the color combo is weird I only just like the silver :thumbsup:

Ali, ur bike has more electronics that the rest of ours. Combined!
Ya ya ya, it NEEDS it. Just like we need an iphone.
Troy
if I could do it semi-affordably and talk frank into it.... I would prefer carbs(something I understand)... BUT the ams(boost controller) is amazing..... (that's alllll ill admit).... god knows (and frank) how all these systems work.

if I could do it semi-affordably and talk frank into it.... I would prefer carbs(something I understand)... BUT the ams(boost controller) is amazing..... (that's alllll ill admit).... god knows (and frank) how all these systems work.

Only poking fun ali!
Just goes to show that we sometimes do need the tech...and I am way old schol!
Troy

Only poking fun ali!
Just goes to show that we sometimes do need the tech...and I am way old schol!
Troy
hows the viper? im thinking I might get a hellcat now.... they start at 58K now! im all excited this damn stang is almost paid up..... lol... u know how it is....

the one that got spanked? damn cell phone motorcycle.....

To each his own, but losing by a hundredth of a second doesn't really say "spanked" to me:

Nine-point-nine-four seconds after the start, the H2 has covered a quarter-mile and is traveling 148 mph. The Lightning is less than a hundredth of a second and 4 mph behind.

https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/kawasaki-h2-vs-lightning-ls-218#page-3

I get "second place is the first loser and all that" but it's impressive showing. The LS-218 set a speed record as the fastest production motorcycle (that's where the 218 comes from) at the Bonneville Salt Flats. That's not fastest electric, it's fastest of any production motorcycle. Add to that a win at Pikes Peak in 2013 and I think it's fair to say the folks at Lightning know a thing or two about going stupid fast.

I own a 2008 Busa that I can't seem to stay healthy enough to ride much as it is so I won't be spending $38K on an LS or even $13 on a Strike. But it's cool to watch the new guys on the block and see what they can deliver.

Back