Lightning & Clouds April 28th 2020

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Will add some more later but this should get the coversation going :)

is that two funnel clouds on the right? It looks like the lightning hit way behind the house.

Well, your not too wrong.... That whole cloud base was rotating and pulling in those vortexes. The lighting actually hit the antenna on a truck about 75 yards on the backside of that house! The antenna melted and the truck won't start now.....

The lightning hit and the thunder was instantaneous! The neighbor on the other side looked out their window and saw the antenna glowing red then saw it fall over.

That's pretty wild to melt the antenna like that...lightning has a bit of power behind it....

I remember running around in the '80s with a steel helmet on and carrying a rifle in thunder storms and not thinking one minute about what could have happened.

That's pretty wild to melt the antenna like that...lightning has a bit of power behind it....

I remember running around in the '80s with a steel helmet on and carrying a rifle in thunder storms and not thinking one minute about what could have happened.

If you had rubber soled boots I bet you would have been fine.... :crazy::poke::p

Back