Lighter clutch options for street use

mike miller

Registered
Currently running 10psi decent setup on my gen one. I'm using brocks clutch cushion kit and solid inner hub clutch mod. The cushion kit comes with its own springs. Two real heavy ones and four purple ones. This makes the lever really suck for everyday riding. I tried removing the two heavy ones and it slipped at high rpm. What is the best option for a more Street friendly setup that won't slip. Bike isn't a drag bike but does do top speed runs here and there

If you want to remove static spring pressure and not blow through the clutch in the upper revs you need a lock up. They're very easy to set up and it will work exactly like you want. There are lots of snowflake style lockups available cheap on the used market as everybodys switching to the engine RPM driven multi-stage lockups AKA Gen 2's. The boost reference lock-up clutch would work good in your application as well. The difference being instead of wheel speed it uses boost pressure to apply clamping force to the pack. Lots of good solutions out there.

Another guy who runs turbo bikes said use the oem slipper, remove the clutch cushion kit and use 2/3 heavy springs with the rest oem. That would be nice if that combo doesn't slip

I was running 12psi, just with the brocks billet clutch mod and running 3 heavy duty springs out of 6 with no slippage on the clutch. You shouldn't have too much of a problem. Maybe your stack height needs adjusting? I did also use this setup on the street and didn't find it too bad.

I put the stock slipper back in and took the brocks cushion out. Running 4 purple brocks springs and two oem. Lever feels way better. No noticeable slip.

Does anyone know what the brocks purple springs are as far as pressure. The ones that come with the clutch cushion kit.

Back