Lightened rear rotor

Curious, when do you use the rear brake and why use it over the fronts?
In maneuvering the rear causes no dive in a tight parking lot , and will allow a tighter turning radius. You can stay on the throttle to prevent loss of gyro forces , but use the rear to bring you around tighter .
Rear is very good in cases of lose gravel areas. A rear tire slide is predictable , and controllable while a front slide is not .
Rear brake for trail braking @ high speeds after using front to bring down a larger portion of speed .
In some of my fast videos like Push Mountain 341 in Arkansas I'm using the rear brake .
On my ZRX , ZX11 , and FJR1300 I've worn out the rear pads before my fronts .

Here is a link to my Favorite rider / author = Nick Ienatsch

Trail Braking: On the track to win, on the street to survive | N2 Track Days

this was many years ago while RJ was fat with stock exhaust header , and dual yosh cans . Touched down mid pipes , and the bags . Ive gotten better with RJ over the years , but always cautious on pushing like my naked bikes due to fairing prices . Clutch , throttle , rear brake all combined . Almost no front brake was used in the video. When I hop on someones big adventure bike , and do this they are in shock .

Besides, standing on the rear brake only on my Gen 2 w/ ABS lets out a ca-chunk ca-chunk that I kinda like - just before the rear locks up

In maneuvering the rear causes no dive in a tight parking lot , and will allow a tighter turning radius. You can stay on the throttle to prevent loss of gyro forces , but use the rear to bring you around tighter .
Rear is very good in cases of lose gravel areas. A rear tire slide is predictable , and controllable while a front slide is not .
Rear brake for trail braking @ high speeds after using front to bring down a larger portion of speed .
In some of my fast videos like Push Mountain 341 in Arkansas I'm using the rear brake .
On my ZRX , ZX11 , and FJR1300 I've worn out the rear pads before my fronts .

Here is a link to my Favorite rider / author = Nick Ienatsch

Trail Braking: On the track to win, on the street to survive | N2 Track Days
well said c10. This is how we are trained on the sheriffs bikes. it is truly amazing the tight turning radius you can accomplish on a Harley (or any bike) using rear brake.

well said c10. This is how we are trained on the sheriffs bikes. it is truly amazing the tight turning radius you can accomplish on a Harley (or any bike) using rear brake.
That’s a skill I need to learn. I did most my riding on a track and never used the rear brake. Trail brake using the front and Steer the rear with the throttle.

Back