light

lareguy

Registered
Hello
I own bran new k3....Its The bike ...my problem is lighting ..very bad for a bike that good . how cant i eliminate the blind spot between hi and low ....Hard tho drive at hi speed by night in small road......thank you..

For me I dont like high speed at night, but try switching the bulbs first then you can always move up to HID lights...
Bulbs here

Have you adjusted your headlights? Even from the factory they can be off.......... My highbeam could have doubled for a airplane landing marker or spot light!

Hey KS?

Just how the heck do you adjust the headlights?

I know it's probably not a quick answer...But, I do not recall seeing anything about it the Owners Manual... Many Thanks Bro if you have the time...

Some bikes have a star head fastener you turn, and some use a phillips head screw. Should be two, one for verticle and one for horizontal adjustment! Both lights (high/low) have seperate adjustments............... You should be able to see both fasteners on the low beam without much disassembly. Not so for the high beam.

That's a little backwards. the High beam is on the bottom so you can get to those star adjusters pretty easily. The LOW beam Vertical adjustment is the tough one to reach...it's at the top right hand side of the light assembly. MY '02 uses a channel to guide a phillips head to the turning point. I've found the easiest way to adjust them is to pull the three bolts and two rivets that hold on the inner fairings and manually twist the stars with my hand. this way i can be on the bike, holding it upright and sitting on it to verify i'm not aimed to high.

Thanks Gentleman, I'll give it a shot. Right Now my high beam is good to go, a little high, but just about right for waking up the soccor moms. The Low beam...Man I swear it's probably shooting about 20 feet in front of the bike. Pretty much useless if it's actually dark out.

Thanks...

Yea, Darkeyce is correct I had my train of thought out of order............. High beam is on bottom! Been a while since I messed with this.........Ks

Thanks Gentleman, I'll give it a shot.  Right Now my high beam is good to go, a little high, but just about right for waking up the soccor moms.  The Low beam...Man I swear it's probably shooting about 20 feet in front of the bike.   Pretty much useless if it's actually dark out.  

Thanks...
LOL! When I got my Honda VTX last year the low beam was about 10' in front of the bike! It's a shame I didn't even notice it until I was out riding one evening and it got dark. Since I had some tools in the tailbag I just pulled over and adjusted it. My busa needs adjusting a little, but I've been to busy riding to get my arm up in there to adjust it. Maybe I'll go do it now while the weather is kinda crappy.

Back