Lifting rear with spools? Can insert break?

PJ267

Registered
has anyone seen where the swingarm spools connect break. Is this the best way to go to lift rear of bike?

i know i was reluctant to lift mine way back when, but no worries. trust me, after a few times on the rear stand it won't even phase you. i've had mine for several years and lift it up alot and never a crack nor a break. :whistle:

I was the same way until I bought a stand and started lifting it. Everyone told me that the spools were the only way to go, they were right!

Just always be sure they are tight before setting your stand. If they are loose,........the bolt could possibly bent and break,..........otherwise it would take a tremendous amount of weight to break them. Much more than you and your Busa could create.

Just always be sure they are tight before setting your stand. If they are loose,........the bolt could possibly bent and break,..........otherwise it would take a tremendous amount of weight to break them. Much more than you and your Busa could create.

Definitely.

I have had them on all my bikes and There was never a problem. I have even sat on the bike with both wheels off the ground. never a problem. plus they are alot easyer to use than lifted under the swingarm because that break line always tangles

I have never had a problem with one breaking, and I haven't heard of one breaking :thumbsup:

Good question--I originally worried the same. But as others have stated, never had a problem. First few times I put her up on the stand-I was sweating bullets!!!! Now, I just put a short piece of 2x6 under the side stand (helps to get her level), and lift away! Couldn't be easier and safer (IMO).

THis thread needs pictures.

DSC01873-1.jpg

No problems with the spool pieces...

You could always get an universal stand that will pick up under the swingarm...

Good question--I originally worried the same. But as others have stated, never had a problem. First few times I put her up on the stand-I was sweating bullets!!!! Now, I just put a short piece of 2x6 under the side stand (helps to get her level), and lift away! Couldn't be easier and safer (IMO).

+1 First time or two up will be tense, but soon it's no problem. I do the 2 x 6 method also, makes it easier to get the stand under both spools before the lift.

Never had a problem with the spools. Been doing it for over a year now. She goes on f/r stands after each ride for cleaning and never had any problems. One tip I can give you when you put spools, use lock tight to make sure they don't come lose in the future. One thing about the stands that lift under the swing arm, I wouldn't use them especially if you're going to wash your bike. The bike has a tendency to slide off the stand. Had that experience with my R1 and that's the time I switched with the spools.

Last edited:
Back