Lifting Front of Busa

celticBandit

Registered
I need a new front Tyre but I have no Front Paddock stand. Has anyone here used a trolley jack under the sump to raise the front of the bike.

Would the sump be up to the weight of the rest of the bike? I think I saw some pictures posted in the past where some guy did this when doing his forkss.

Get a Front Paddock stand mate, oh so easy
beerchug.gif

No problem ! I use a shop floor jack with a block of wood and two car jack stands place underneath the engine tab blocks to support the bike.
Talk about rock steady, its dayyyum near impossible to tip it over when using jack stands.

DSC03246.jpg

(celticBandit @ Jan. 09 2007,01:51) Thanks Rhythm, I have all of those so it looks like it's fairly easy. Cheers
And don't forget Cheap.
biggrin.gif

Also, make sure you strap down the rear section like I have in the photo !

I very seldom need to lift my front end and couldn't justfy spending the money on a front end lift when I had necessary tools to safely get the job done. Yes its somewhat of a hassle having to remove you fairings but this is somthing I'm willing to deal with when the time comes to raise the front end.
As for the rear, a decent cheap rear will do the job. The recommended chain maintenance and tire adjusting warranted the extra coins I spent for my rear stand.

What I don't understand is how come so many people have trouble using a basic rear stand. I only weight 145lb and have no trouble slipping my cheapo lockhart rear stand under the swing and getting it up in the air in less than 2 sec on ground or on my table lift.
rock.gif

My issue is I have the yellow zuk stands but they wont work with the extended swing arm.

Now I have a useless stand and no way to lift the rear

(heavybusa @ Jan. 09 2007,12:16) My issue is I have the yellow zuk stands but they wont work with the extended swing arm.

C'mon Dawg, show me some photos of what you're working with and maybe we can come up with sumf'n.
wink.gif

(heavybusa @ Jan. 09 2007,13:01) Right, well I don't have that and I have the other one.

Wanna trade
laugh.gif
Good lQQkn out Greg, but I think I'll pass.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(heavybusa @ Jan. 09 2007,12:16) My issue is I have the yellow zuk stands but they wont work with the extended swing arm.

I have the same problem with mine its now a 3 man job to get it on and off the stand ( 2 to pick up the bike an one to slide the stand under the bike)
crazy.gif

(spkerhed @ Jan. 09 2007,13:34)

I have the same problem with mine its now a 3 man job to get it  on and off the stand ( 2 to pick up the bike an one to slide the stand under the bike)  
crazy.gif
Huh ? Just get the rear stand into position resting on the point where it will be lifting. Then straddle you leg over the stand with the handle press against your a55. With both of your hand placed on both sides of the tail, using your weight starting pushing the handle downward with your a55 (squating downward) the bike will magically lift. Use both of your hands to keep the bike balanced while coming up straight.
Also, when lifting the rear leave you kick stand down with the front wheel pointing towards the clutch side. the little trick will catch the bike if you loose your grip and slip.

my.02

(Rhythm @ Jan. 09 2007,13:45) Huh ?   Just get the rear stand into position resting on the point where it will be lifting. Then straddle you leg  over the stand with the handle press against your a55. With both of your hand placed on both sides of the tail, using your weight starting pushing the handle downward with your a55 (squating downward) the bike will magically lift. Use both of your hands to keep the bike balanced while coming up straight.
Also, when lifting the rear leave you kick stand down with the front wheel pointing towards the clutch side. the little trick will catch the bike if you loose your grip and slip.

my.02
its not the weight its the tire hits the stand before it reaches the spools with extended swing arms the back portion of the arm is extended but the spools stay in the same place so now my stand needs to be 4 inches longer to clear. will try to post a pic tonight

I understand what you mean. The tire hits the rear stand brace when you lift the bike because the tire is shifted further to the rear. While the rear spools are located in the same spot. Right ?

The center brace in photo below is further back then the current rearstand Greg uses and may solve his and your problem.
swingarm%20stand.jpg

Back