Lift table?

sixreps

Registered
Looking to add a lift table to the Garage this winter beside the HF what else is out there also with a table. to change the F/R wheels you still need F/R stands right? if so is it safe to lift it up while the bike is one the stand?

I have the HF table...and I use the stands all the time.

As a professional M/C Tech I've used the Handy lifts for years. They make a great lift but a friend of mine who owns a shop up here in Maine just bought a couple of K&L lifts with the self locking front wheel clamp, front wheel removal option, center jack, center pin sport jack, and the side tables. I am VERY impressed with the quality and function these lifts provided. When I buy my lift I'll definitely get a K&L. IMO the K&L lifts, lift accessories, and stands are worth a look.

Motorcyle Lifts, Performance & Wheel Equipment, & Hand Tools

MC615R AIR LIFT

K&L MC10R UNIVERSAL WHEEL CLAMP

MC450 CENTER JACK

http://www.klsupply.com/JACKSANDSTA...jackforMC450CenterJack/tabid/189/Default.aspx

I'm also looking for front and rear stands and the K&L stands look really nice with the removable handles. Plus my friend will give me them for cost if I go that route.

K&L MC45 UNIVERSAL SWINGARM STAND

K&L MC40 UNIVERSAL FRONT END STAND

Last edited:
I have a table lift from Harbor Freight and it works great. Currently the Busa is on it with no wheels. I removed the wheel chock (takes less than % minutes)and use my stands. I strap bike forward and back from rear peg mounts after on rear stand so it cant move then up on front stand.Works great. Only thing I did was replace front chock with a locking one from Harbour Freight.

Here is the lift i have..
Bought it here. Direct Lift Pro Cycle XLT Air Operated Lift - Greg Smith Equipment Sales, Inc
Picked it up at the indiana store to save shipping.
TPPROCYCLE-fslash-TPXLT-9.jpg

TPPROCYCLE-fslash-TPXLT-9.jpg

One more thing, If you get this lift, Go ahead and get the side extentions. You can ride the bike on the lift, put your kick stand down and get off. Then all you have to do is tie it down. A one man operation.

I got the Harbor Freight one and it was less than 200 dollars...use my Pit Bulls front and rear and do what slingshot said to nylon strap ratches between front and back to keep her in place...believe me when you have the pit bulls under her she is very very stable...2hip

Some of the features I love about the K&L lifts are the center pin sport jack which allows removal of both the front and rear tires at the same time. Plus the self-locking wheel clamp has an attachment that helps in lowering and raising the front wheel when removing/reinstalling the front wheel for a tire change, etc..

I will admit these lifts maybe over-kill for a weekend mechanic unless you and some of your Bro's chip in and share the lift? But if you use your lift a lot as a Profession M/C Tech or bike builder I think the investment is worth it.

Wow! I didn't know there was so many lifts! I have a HF lift and I love it! And it was on sale for $299. I'v gone through 3 bikes with it. Now the Busa is going on it for the turbo kit!

which harbor freight lift.They have 3 different ones.A 1200 lb and 2 1000 lb lifts.the 1200 looks made better but dont look like it has the ramps on it.Im thinking the 1000 that u can pump by foot or air compressor it up.

This thread just makes me realize that I really need to get a place of my own with a garage. I would really like to have a lift. The stands that I use work really well, but it would be really nice to have a lift for when I want to do a little more serious work on my 'Busa. :thumbsup:

Back