Life alert device?

GEARJAMMER

Banned
Mom fell getting her newspaper Monday dislocated+broke her shoulder.
Eye black+blue and swollen shut.This 2nd time she has fallen anybody got 4 parent?
Wondering r they waterproof can wear in shower?
This was bad but could been lot worse I spent day @ hospital.

I hope she don't tell me no because shes getting 1
She has problems with her knees don't think shes lifting feet enough kinda shuffling.

Yep. Got one for my mom last year. It has helped us twice so far. She blew her knee out and she pushed the button and it was less than 30 seconds and she had them calling. My sister was called automatically at the same time she was.

They have options, that are fall sensitive (no button depress), automatic inactivity alarm, waterproof etc. I think mom's was Medic Alert. They all are similar yet have something unique to market as different. We went with hers because one of the features it has was a lock box. So that they could instruct anyone that was needed to gain access, the code to unlock the box to get in. This way if my sis wasn't there, the 1st responders didn't have to kick the door in to get to her.

I think we paid like $350 for the year. She actually was resistant to it at first. But NOW, she loves it. Man when she blew her knee out, it was like instant response. She now feels much more at peace with it.

She wears a neck pendant. They sent her a wristband as well, but she has never used it. She forgets its on her. Very un-invasive.

SO MUCH PEACE OF MIND NOW!

Fell getting the Newspaper?

Have you thought of a way for her to get the paper easier?
NO steps. No Bending over? Cut a hole in the door? Etc.

Go ahead and get the alert - but better to make sure that she can't fall again doing the same thing over.

Well that's true but she gets around still drives ect.I was really worried this winter her going 2 mail box.
I can try tell her not do things but she still wants b active walk @ the mall ect.
Man it hurt me see her eye black+blue swollen shut least no other damage there.
They put her under when re-located her shoulder im no doc but think they just have force it back in.
Least she didn't feel it or even recall them doing it.
Her house doesn't have steps she just purchased it2 years ago
Im renting her old house till she sells it.

Back