Life After Death?

Do You Believe in Life After Death?

• Yes, this is just the beginning.

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • Nope.

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters
Amen to everything you have said sixpack. Although I ride a ZX-14R, I look at this forum almost everyday, like I had said in a post a few months ago. You guys all seem to be really close and I respect you for that.
I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior on November 18, 1984. I asked God to forgive my sins and Jesus to come into my life. My heart changed right there. I had such a warm feeling inside and I know for a fact it was the Holy Spirit changing me. I know when I die I'm going to Heaven. I just can't believe anyone can be an atheist. The earth didn't just appear. Man and everything else on this earth didn't just happen. Everything had to be created. There's a choice between Heaven and Hell. Why take a chance on going to Hell? Hell was created for the devil and his angels. God doesn't send man or woman to hell. They send themselves there by rejecting the One who created them. I can't imagine being in the lake of fire for eternity, never being able to get out. It's forever and forever and forever. I hope I haven't upset anyone with this. It's what I truly believe because I believe what the Bible says about salvation. Sixpack has it right on.

Right on man, and you continued what I was talking about...I agree with all of what you said too, and enjoyed your story. :beerchug:

Hey Six, I don't want to get into this discussion too deep but the Bible says that the existence of God cannot be proven by fact, science, or any of man's knowledge. Faith is a belief in the absence of proof, and so God demands faith and will not prove conclusively his existence. If God showed his power directly, people would follow him due to fear, not faith. Remember in the decades following the resurrection even the disciples felt abandoned by God and Peter had to keep them together as Christians.

When Jesus walked the earth, he performed miracles publicly to show his power. I don't recall the event but he said never again would he show his power (maybe the flood).

Well, even with what I have written as examples, nothing is inconclusive, you still Need faith to belive.
My suggested evidence is strong, but isn't 100%, that purposely leaves the door open for doubt. It's a choice.
You chose to bridge the gap of what parts you don't understand, with faith.
I present strong evidence, to help increase one's faith. In turn, making the gap smaller, and the bridge we build(with our faith)shorter. Aka, easier to understand how this all works.
It's a journey. A fair analogy would be that you are in a boat, on the sea, far enough out so that the curve of the earth keeps land out of sight.
You are heading to shore(home).
While you are out at sea, there are storms, and no sign of land.
If you know your way home(the direction), you are looking towards home(God).
You may struggle along the way, even get lost a time or two, but as land comes into view in the farthest distance, hope(faith) starts to rise. You may lose sight of it, even get lost again, but the closer you get, the stronger it becomes.
Faith comes by hearing And Hearing the word of God. Which means, keep reading and listening to His words. There is tremendous wisdom, knowledge, and understanding hidden in them.
Things that increase your faith.
For example, Jesus's diciples Had seen His miracles, death, And resurection.
They were strong in their faith.
They preached His word, the gospel.
They were hunted by Rome.
They were human, and in their weakness they allowed fear and negativity to overcome them. Peter had to remind and encourage them.
A great example of human weakness, and need for Jesus.
Through even their weakest moments, they would not deny Him, and ultimately, willingly chose death at the hands of the Romans.
Pretty powerful statement for a group of guys feeling abandoned, in the end, they remembered who they were, and what they were doing.
What happened?
They lost their focus.
They looked away from God, and concentrated on their problems.
How we All do or have done with our own problems. We focus on what's wrong, instead of what's right.

more to come...

I think you missed my point. You cannot justify Christianity with "proof" because God purposely left none. In your post you began down the road of justifying your belief with proof. I was pointing out there is no proof (by God's own design), that's all.

I'm not challenging your perspective. I respect your faith even though I don't share it.

As for the flood, God's power; I do not ever recall Him saying never again would He show His power, but that never again would He destroy the world by flood(destroy by flood, not to be confused with rising sea levels from melting ice).
That Jesus Christ is the God man.
The physical embodiment of the creator God of All creation.
That there is a mountain of evidence that proves Jesus was as real to history as George Washington.... And the Son of God.
Yet, you still need faith to belive it all.
It's a very simple idea.
Jesus(God) came in a form we could understand. He set the perfect example of how to live. He did many miracles to prove He was who he claimed to be.
He humbled himself, suffered, felt our pain.
Died, as an example, to pay the price before God, so that those who belive, will be forgiven at the end of this life.
All have fallen short of the glory of God, and need His forgiveness, being purification at our earthy death, so that we may be where He is in the here after.
We were purposely born into sin.
That is what gives us free will...a choice.
Right or wrong, yes or no, all day, every day.
We all start out at are own place in life, we are unique, some struggle, some have ease.
Jesus said, hard times Will come, and that the rain falls on the just and the unjust(and rain can be a blessing or a curse).
We are given an unknown predetermined course for our lives. Free will gives us the choice to do whatever we want along the way. Good And bad decisions alike.
Strong faith means you walk closely to Jesus as you go down the road together, on the journey of life. At times, we stop, and want to go look at something, it may not even nesacerrily be something bad, but a distraction, and it slows you down.
Or we get into bad things, have strayed so far from the road that you don't know the way back. Both take faith to get back to the road, but from different distances.
We can ask God where we are going along the way. Alot of times, He's silent, but sometimes, He'll give you a clue, or even an answer. But you must be open minded(have the faith) to receive it.
We are Not physical beings that have spiritual experiences.
We are spirit beings having a physically experience.
We, our spirit, is put into a biological machine(the human body), to exhist in until that machine wears out and dies.
From that point, your spirit(You) needs to go somewhere. We will judged by our imperfect lives, and Jesus's forgiveness is what gets you into Heaven. Where you will be given a new and perfected body.
Otherwise, without belife in Jesus, your spirit(You)will be cast out into darkness, and face judgement without forgiveness.
Hell is a real place. Jesus will not see them until 1k years after his 2nd coming, at final judgement.
Life is the gift(whether you like it or not).
The gift is the test.
The test is; will you belive?
If not, ok, sorry.
If you Do belive, God says, great...now that you're willing...I can use you. Here on earth, but more importantly, in what is to follow.
As said...this(Life), is just a test, the warm up, to see if you make the team(upon your death). Some don't want to be on the team
Some do want to be on the team. Some struggle on the team, and unfortunately, they give up. Some players have been on the team their whole life, others, join late in the game. In the end, regardless of how hard the game was, the score is the same, and we win.
Now, on to the big leagues.
What?!
I make life sound like a game?!
Good(you're paying attention).
Absoloutely life iS a game.
We're all players with different circumstances, playing it together.
It's called Lucifer vs The Creator/Jesus.
It's our free will who we want to play for.
Good vs evil, a battle for our soul.
In the end, it's win or lose.
The only way to win is to accept Jesus.
Once you know how the game ends, it's struggles aren't so bad anymore.
One of the best words from the instructions to the game(the Bible), is that worry is the opposite of faith. Worry and fear are synonymous.
God said He gave us the spirit of joy, peace, and even anger(as there is a time and place).
God said He did Not give us the spirit of fear.
That fear is a lie from the enemy(evil).
Do not be afraid, for God has overcome the world. Hard times may come, but He will protect us. And even if horrible things happen to you throughout the game, and even if you suffer greatly to the end, God is still in control. Accept it, belive, and win.
Once you learn and accept that, life becomes easy.

Last edited:
I think you missed my point. You cannot justify Christianity with "proof" because God purposely left none. In your post you began down the road of justifying your belief with proof. I was pointing out there is no proof (by God's own design), that's all.

I'm not challenging your perspective. I respect your faith even though I don't share it.

Ok, I accept your outlook:beerchug:

Can you truly say that giving up on God is what prospered you? You wouldn't think that maybe you moved into God's blessings in your life, after you had been strengthened in your struggle to handle it? That we are in a grand design beyond our comprehension, and in turn, certain things need to happen before our prayers can be answered? As in, the job you have was'nt available until You got it?

No I can't say that giving up made me more prosperous, just that it appears to have happened after I lost my faith and I mean like 10 years after.

If God's there, he must have some plan to bring me back because he really made me not believe in him for reasons mentioned before. I asked for the most basic, unselfish a person could ask for and it hasn't shown up yet so the balls in God's court I'd say.

Amen to everything you have said sixpack. Although I ride a ZX-14R, I look at this forum almost everyday, like I had said in a post a few months ago.
Hi Mokaw. I'm Rook. This gets discussed on Ninjaforums every now and again.

Before I got some help I lived in the woods for a few years in a tent, when it was nice I did not use the tent.

Holy CRAP! You went from living in a tent for a few years to being a LSRer?????!!!! Wow! That's lower than I ever had to go but I did have to move in with Mom and Dad for the previous 3 years. Humbling and humiliating experience. Spent many a night in my car but a tent and that's all you had. I'm glad for you and I'm glad there were people in your life to help you get out of your situation. ...and maybe God.

Interesting turn this thread has taken.

There are roughly 4,200 religions, faith, or belief systems in the world and I respect all of those which promote well being to humanity, nature and planet earth.

My philosphy is very simple and it is based on not posessing the arrogance to judge one religion over another.

Hi Rook. Didn't know that was you. Hang in there. God has something great for you in the near future. I really believe that. Because of sin (no thanks to Adam and Eve), we all go through tests and trials. I had an 11 year old brother that died of cancer in 1981. It was after this that I started searching. Three years later, thanks to my older brothers prayers, I found Jesus. He was there all the time. I had just never asked Him to save me and come into my life. In 1987, my dad died of a heart attack at 56 years old. We were close and this hurt so much. Then, in 2000, my wife died of cancer at 42 years old. More hurt. The hardest thing for me though was when my youngest son committed suicide in 2003 at the age of 21. When my other son came to my house that morning, January 18th, and walked up to me and started hugging me, I knew something was wrong. He said "Jesse hung himself this morning." My heart just dropped. It felt like part of me just died. Sure, it hurt when my brother, dad, and wife died. But for me, this was the worst. My own flesh and blood. I wrote a poem about him I'll share with you.
My Heavenly Father saw with sadness, the tears in Jesse's eyes,
He saw how he was hurting and He heard all of his cries.
He's known since Jesse was born, the day that he would die,
For all of us he left behind we can only wonder why.
Jesse's thought-fulness for others was something no one can deny,
When I think of how he was hurting it only makes me cry.
Only God and Jesse knew the reasons he was living for,
As he looked up to Heaven and said "Lord, I can't take it anymore."
God looked down and said "My son, this world is filled with so much sin,
Come up here with Me and you'll never hurt again."
The pain and hurt I feel, it's as hard as it can be,
That's why I live by the Word of God for only He can strengthen me.

I DO NOT - EVER encourage anyone to commit suicide. Do you go to Heaven if you do if you're a suicide bomber? As soon as a murdering suicide bombers heart quits, his soul and spirit are instantly in hell. What about Jesse? I really believe he's in Heaven. Only God and him knew where his heart was when he decided to take his life. I believe he's in Heaven with his mother with the greatest reunion only a mother and child can have.
I know my life has been a bed of roses compared to what some people have gone through and are, at this moment, going through. What me and everyone else needs is what sixpack has stressed over and over -FAITH- Jesus said 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.' He's with you in the good times. He'll carry you in the bad times, if only you will trust Him.

Mokaw, in the cynical world in which we live, thank you for your words on this thread, you never know when what one shares will have an impact on another persons life or outlook on life.

Holy CRAP! You went from living in a tent for a few years to being a LSRer?????!!!! Wow! That's lower than I ever had to go but I did have to move in with Mom and Dad for the previous 3 years. Humbling and humiliating experience. Spent many a night in my car but a tent and that's all you had. I'm glad for you and I'm glad there were people in your life to help you get out of your situation. ...and maybe God.
I read where many Viet Nam vets resorted to this as many couldn't adjust to a society which treated them so poorly.

I used to use the line to idiots whom needed to be sorted out. I'd say "Do you believe in life after death because if you keep pushing, you might be finding out"

That's about all I have to say on this subject I guess.

Back