license plate relocator

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
Some have just bought a small piece of angle aluminum and attached it to the undertail near the tail light. You can buy the LED tag fasteners and wire them into the tail light I would think.

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
(johnnycrash @ May 17 2007,15:01) The jury is out on whether this looks good or not, but it IS legal as the plate is horizontal. There is some other manufacturer that makes the same thing but I can't remember who it is.

http://www.spyderracing.com/product-p/a3110.htm
In SC they must be clearly visible horizontal, between 12 and 36 inces from the ground, lighted, and legible from 50 feet. blah, blah, blah

I believe in NY they also must be mounted directly under the taillights and can't be set back where its hard to see. I want to get this fixed because I'm sick of having to worry about cops pulling me over when I'm not even doing anything wrong.

saygbye

10 sec L
Donating Member
Registered
(nychris @ May 17 2007,13:23) I have one of those racing license plate relocators where the plate is to the left of the rear tire facing sideways.    I'm sick of getting pulled over for it and want to get something legal (with a light too), but still looks good.   Does anyone have any suggestions?  
i cant belive the police mess with you about that. around here(memphis) they are really good about not saying anything as long as they can see it. so i say dont waste your time, effort or money. they will just find another reason to mess with you if they want to.

I have an '07 and I had to purchase the original rear fender as the prev. owner cut it off used and cheap eliminator kit NOT using the stock tail light assembly but a CHEAP DUAL LED WITH NON FLASH.. Send me link to what you purchased. I have an aftermarket LED tail light with integrated turn signals. Don't like the dumbo fender hanging down...had no choice the guy cut EVERYTHING OFF the ass end of the fender.

Any suggestions? EG fender eliminator that does not eliminate the factory mount to the tail light yet eliminates the fender downward portion of the fender.

I like the look send me some links - have to abide by CA LAW. I am new to Hayabusa ... last bike 1989 Katana 1100F...any helpwill be appreciated

Tony

I have an '07 and I had to purchase the original rear fender as the prev. owner cut it off used and cheap eliminator kit NOT using the stock tail light assembly but a CHEAP DUAL LED WITH NON FLASH.. Send me link to what you purchased. I have an aftermarket LED tail light with integrated turn signals. Don't like the dumbo fender hanging down...had no choice the guy cut EVERYTHING OFF the ass end of the fender.

Any suggestions? EG fender eliminator that does not eliminate the factory mount to the tail light yet eliminates the fender downward portion of the fender.

I like the look send me some links - have to abide by CA LAW. I am new to Hayabusa ... last bike 1989 Katana 1100F...any helpwill be appreciated

Tony
He hasn't been here in over 5 years....
Start a thread with pics of what you've taken off, and describing what you are looking for, and watch the magic of the oRg....