License Plate Relocation.

OBXboost

Registered
I added a UFO undertail on my '06 LE and I don't want to keep the plate underneath. Can someone point me to some areas to look at as far as a custom mount BOLT ON bracket is concerned?

Two popular ones are the swingarm relocator/chain guard by ST Machine that mounts the tag vertically from where the chain guard mounts and the G3 relocator that mounts to the rear axle... there is one for sale here on the auction site
Auction link
and I think there is even a raffle.

Hope this helps...

If you do a search for plate relocator or tag holders you will come up with lots of stuff. If you aren't going to put it underneath the tail you only have a couple options. They are all easy bolt-on things either on the passenger rearset or the swingarm.

G3 is about the best for your $$$$
as you can see real easy to install and very clean...
post-3-94633-dsc03937.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know everyone is recommending the G3, but it just doesn't do it for me. Can anyone recommend anything else?

(OBXboost @ Oct. 02 2006,17:14) I know everyone is recommending the G3, but it just doesn't do it for me.  Can anyone recommend anything else?
How about a G2?  
rock.gif

IMO G2 looks better. Less clutter on that side of the bike and breaks it up a bit. I've had both and like the G2 better. No quite as easy to install, but was worth it IMO. BTW I have a UFO as well.
smile.gif

I also have an 06 LE. I have a TMH undertail. I did not want to drill it. I did not like the look of side mount tag brackets (disproportionate). And it's illegal for vertical mounted brackets (although I've had them in the past).

Check page 1 in my build thread. It's very easy and cheap to fab up a bracket to hang off the two rear-most undertail bolts. Looks OEM. With my extended arm, I simple bent the plates a little further.

http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=74503.0

Check out the tag holder I made for my wifes gixxer with integrated CF look turn signals....

Added: oh, I reread yer post and you Don't want the tag underneath ... Nevermind.
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

DSC00613.JPG

(jimzu @ Oct. 13 2006,11:04) I also have an 06 LE. I have a TMH undertail. I did not want to drill it. I did not like the look of side mount tag brackets (disproportionate). And it's illegal for vertical mounted brackets (although I've had them in the past).
It must depend on the state you live in. Nothing in the Georgia code says that it can't be vertical or that it has to be horizontal.
It only has to be plainly visible.

I've had 3 leos look at mine and tell me it was fine. Two of them told me how good they thought it looked vertical on the swingarm and one stopped me because he thought I didn't have a tag. Once he saw it he apologized for stopping me.
tounge.gif

I don't think the guy makes mine anymore I got it awhile ago . It even has the lights for the plate so I don't get hastled. and I have TMH undertail also. I think you could get someone to make this design pretty easy. It was supposed to go on the other side but I put a spacer on it so it would fit this side.

ert.JPG

If it looks like something you are interested in I can take more pics. its just a piece of Aluminum thats cut and then bent.

df.JPG

I don't think the guy makes mine anymore I got it awhile ago . It even has the lights for the plate so I don't get hastled. and I have TMH undertail also. I think you could get someone to make this design pretty easy. It was supposed to go on the other side but I put a spacer on it so it would fit this side.[/Quote]

Nope, I don't make them anymore.  At least not yet.

Back