License plate mod

:laugh: :thumbsup: I've thought about one of those set ups,hadn't displayed my plate(kept it in the hump,came in handy for cruising through red light cameras,Stop signs,toll lanes,etc.)since 2008 and only recently mounted it,never been stopped before and now I'm paranoid.

I don't think many after market exhausts are either.:laugh:
Very true. The difference is the likelihood of the police doing something about it. I'd say there is a good chance they see it if they pull you over and highly likely it upsets them if they do. I would rather ride around with no plate than get caught with that.

Very true. The difference is the likelihood of the police doing something about it. I'd say there is a good chance they see it if they pull you over and highly likely it upsets them if they do. I would rather ride around with no plate than get caught with that.
well, thats just it RIDING around is different then going to a bike show and flipping it down so no one can read it.

I was at a bike show a few years ago in the Bronx NY and some little turd was caught sneaking up to a bike and taking a picture of the license plate which was flipped down with one of these devices so he had to point his camera phone up to get a pic. he tried being so slick about it to. bad idea!

he got his teeth knocked out right in front of me. I seen exactly wat he did and did not feel sorry for him the least! they took his camera phone and smashed it into a 1000 pieces too. people have friends at DMV and all kinds of shady shiit goes on there to get addresses. bike theives r everywhere. this was a high dollar custom bike too.

my plates are suppressed so u wud have to jump thru some hoops to get my address which doesn't come back to my house anyway but nonetheless there are reasons why ppl wud want a flip down plate. yea its still an equipment violation to not have ur plate displayed but if the vehicle is not in motion then most cops don't care. its better then all these little azzholes with their bent up plate cause thats all the time and a real pet peeve of mine.

I think the thing that raises the issue for cops is if the intended purpose is to be able to flip up the plate while riding and help elude in a chase, or as mentioned get through camera speed traps.

I think the thing that raises the issue for cops is if the intended purpose is to be able to flip up the plate while riding and help elude in a chase, or as mentioned get through camera speed traps.
agreed. cause thats wat most will probably use it for. not all but most I agree.

I forget the fine it's either $1k or $2500 for just riding on the street with one of them. It's been a while, but they made it a law back when they bumped up the fines for improperly hung plates and front wheel leaving the pavement(wheelie). Is like 1k 1st offense, $2500 2nd offense and $5k plus suspended license for "X" amount of time for 3rd offense.

I'm just gonna take mine back off and stow it in the hump like before,think I got a fix it ticket once(like 7 or 8 years years ago)for not displaying it and it was only $15 or $25(can't remember which).

I forget the fine it's either $1k or $2500 for just riding on the street with one of them. It's been a while, but they made it a law back when they bumped up the fines for improperly hung plates and front wheel leaving the pavement(wheelie). Is like 1k 1st offense, $2500 2nd offense and $5k plus suspended license for "X" amount of time for 3rd offense.
wow nice. I wish my state wud adopt the improper hung plate statute. that wud be a great tool for cops cause the whole bent plate thing is no different then simply riding with no plate at all!!!!! can't see the fukn thing!

I can't speak for other areas of the country by in the city I work in if a cop tries to stop a motorcycle for his plate being tucked under his tail where it can't be read or simply turned up they will run 85% of the time. probably closer to 90% of the time if its a sport bike. so u have to wait for a red light to block the first car off in traffic and run back and take the keys out if they can't turn around fast enough.

fukn ridiculous cops have to do that these days but its not even a thought in my mind to light someone up thinkn their gonna jus pull over.... yea right!

look at the European license plates for motorcycles. you can actually read them. our MC plates are so small u need to be 10 feet away to read em smh. all that does is give the illegal rider who is probably on a stolen bike anyway the means the continue to fly under the radar cause after a while cops can't read anyones plates cause their all unreadable but the penalty is so weak that they all roll the dice....

running from the police is only a misd. such a joke. ppl's lives are put in danger wen the police chase criminals. most states it is a felony.

such a joke to the guy who went out and got his motorcycle license and took the (3) day course required by state law now. and the guy who registers and insures his shiit and pays TAXES on it every year. its a real kick in the balls to the legit lawful riders wen the cops have no means to penalize those who want to be scumbags and give the rest of the riders a black eye.

I honestly can't say I've ever seen someone flip up their license plate and scew from the police. their usually stolen plates and expired tags anyway but a $1000 fine wud be nice. I register my shiit, I insure it, I got a MC license so I don't take it lightly wen I see these little useless turds thinking these are just toys they can play with on the streets.

let me tell you if ur caught speeding or running a red light on ur bike and ur stopped and u actually stop AND you have a license, reg and insurance then I can guarantee you u will be getting a harsh warning vs a ticket cause its so rare cops come across one someone who stops and two someone who is legit. not so much on the highway tho with troopers.....

Back