license plate location

BillD

Registered
as some of you guys already know, my new bike has the tail mod, where you remove the fender etc,, where do you guys put your plate, this is what it looks like now, ya might as well hang a billboard off the side of the bike, ya gotta be kidding me! looks as aerodynamic is a brick,,
if I mount it verticle, the cops here in NJ will hae a field day with it,, any suggestions? besides putting the fender back on? and not even sure it will fit with the stretch, ya see, this is why I HATE MESSING AROUND with the factory stuff, its always something,,,lol

IMG00149-20090811-1815.jpg

Last edited:
You'd have to do some research, but i know theres custom aftermarket mounting kits. or if you know a good fabricator, he can customize one for ya. a custom build one is actually easier than u might think. but yeah, you're right (sorry no offense), but that looks corny as hell

I had the same problem.

So far I have not been hasseled.

===================================================================

MISTY ALL AROUND 003.jpg

MISTY ALL AROUND 034.jpg

You can take some sheet metal scrap and bend it into an L and mount it under the tail light. Several members have done that here. Make sure you have a light on it as well :thumbsup:

bring it back on the end of the swingarm behind the chain and you can tuck it inside the wheel. like this:

sp090807a.jpg

Is that a home made mount? I could have swore that the peg mount brackets don't stick quite that far out, at least judging from the pics I've seen.

Hate to hijack but those bikes are kick a$$. Any other pics or specs?
bring it back on the end of the swingarm behind the chain and you can tuck it inside the wheel. like this:

sp090807a.jpg

Hate to hijack but those bikes are kick a$$. Any other pics or specs?

i HAVE THE SAME TAIL AS YOU ....MINE CAME WITH A FIBERGLASS BRACKET TO MOUNT THE PLATE TO IT..ALSO IN THIS PICTURE IS MY REAR VIEW CAMERA, THE SCREENS ARE INSIDE MY MIRRORS

CAMERA.jpg

The only reason I re-located my plate is because the tail sits right on the tire with the rider on the bike.

haya1.jpg

Last edited:
I like the idea of putting it under the tail, but that kinda defeats the idea of the open tire thing, but I guess thats the way to go, Im gonna try something with the swingarm,
I like the idea of tucking it inside the rim , its out of the way and looks better then what I have now,

Back