Levers Options

Bleeding the brakes has nothing to do with the lock up issue.
The brake lock up comes from the master cylinder plunger not seating correctly in the hole in the insert in the lever.
So the brakes cannot release.
I've seen it personally on 2 636's.
I had the cheap levers on 3 bikes, and never had an issue. They are also just as good as the Chinese made stock levers.
The best levers made are the ones that fit your own hands the best.
I personally like ASV, and they have the finest adjustment.
If you can see past the glare of BobbyB's reflectors, you can see his ASV levers in the pic above.

You're killing me! :-)

I prefer Pazzo as well. Had them on my Gen 1 and now my Gen 2.
2011-04-11_17-36-45_124.jpg

I have the chinese shorties and the front brake lever hits the cowling at full left lock. Not something I care for. Is this the same with the pazzo's? I would be surprised if it was different since they are knockoffs. I've read mentions of other people having the same issue. Any thoughts?

I have the chinese shorties and the front brake lever hits the cowling at full left lock. Not something I care for. Is this the same with the pazzo's? I would be surprised if it was different since they are knockoffs. I've read mentions of other people having the same issue. Any thoughts?

Never had or heard of that problem.
Your levers must be rotated pretty far down.

Mine dont hit either.

I've had the Chinese knock off Pazzos on my busa for a few years and I now have the real Pazzos on my busa.

They both worked for me with no issues. The only thing negative I can say about the Chazzo levers is that the anodizing is cheap. I bought a set of levers in black and by the end of summer the black anodize had turned to gun metal grey..... Levers still worked fine just changed colors. And before you ask no I don't keep my bike outside and I rarely leave it parked outside @ a store etc. for very long out of fear of it getting stolen. Also I live in PA so it's not like the sun is scorching down on them like in TX or AZ

Never had or heard of that problem.
Your levers must be rotated pretty far down.

I read on this forum of people having the same issue with some levers, don't have the thread off hand though. I wouldn't say they are rotated abnormally, they appear even and the clutch side clears without issue. It hits at the highest point of the lever, basically right at where the adjuster lever is at. Stock levers had no issues.

I read on this forum of people having the same issue with some levers, don't have the thread off hand though. I wouldn't say they are rotated abnormally, they appear even and the clutch side clears without issue. It hits at the highest point of the lever, basically right at where the adjuster lever is at. Stock levers had no issues.

If your bike is lowered in the front (as mine is) then aftermarket levers will hit the dash from left full lock to right full lock.. That's why my Chinese made levers are sitting in my tool box and not on my bike..

Mine hit (Chazzos) when full right, but it doesn't stop the bike 100%. I haven't tried to adjust yet bc I don't really care. It's not like I'm turing to the lock while riding; just a few times while maneuvering it around the garage.

If you're on the cheap, go for the Asian levers on Ebay. They look just like Pazzo and they are just atiny bit heavier because they are thicker. There was a guy who conducted a lab test and determined they were very close to Pazzo in terms of strength. He seemed to be implying the Asian levers were most likely every bit as good as Pazzo. The only issue may be color. I have found Asian aluminum parts to be well crafted but often, the anodizing has an off color. I would think you'd be very safe with black. Also, if you don't like it or if you order the wrong thing, you're stuck with it because it costs as much to send it back as the part cost you in the first place.

I have Pazzos shorties on my busa and like them. They are heavier than stock but I like them.

The Pazzos I have on my 14 are not good. The clutch lever wore out in no time and the clutch started slipping. Kaw does not have as effective of a lever design as Suz. Wish i would have gone with Chinazzos to find that out instead of spending $300.

Mine hit (Chazzos) when full right, but it doesn't stop the bike 100%. I haven't tried to adjust yet bc I don't really care. It's not like I'm turing to the lock while riding; just a few times while maneuvering it around the garage.

That's the same problem I have, however, I don't like to constantly watch the front brake vs. cowl when I'm turning around in a small space etc...especially if I have someone on back. Going to play with it a bit but if no resolve is found they will be coming off, not worth the hassle.

I'll vote for the ASV levers. There very adjustable and work great. 2nd busa with them, no issues. Had them on other machines too.The reach adjustment is just about infinite.

Mine never hit either. I wonder if the angle that you have the lever mounted makes the difference? Strange how they clear for some people and not for others. I agree with the people that have removed theirs though, if mine hit they would be gone double quick.

I have a pair of CRG levers. $85 shipped if anyone is interested. used them for about a month their practically brand new. PM me if anyone wants em

yea I tried finding an AGV replacement for my clutch side side and I'm unable to locate the one I want. apparently they don't want ppl buying their products

Back