Levers Options

Ham

Registered
Just want to know the options i have as far as brand names.
I know there's Pazzo,AVS, CRG and thats about all I've heard.
Just looking for some good quality levers.

Pashnit(sponsor) sells FP levers that look real nice. You can get them custom engraved. Check his site.

I brought a cheap Chinese set of ebay a couple of years ago and they are holding up well looks good and no issues with them so far :thumbsup:

I have eBay/China levers with Galfer stainless lines and HH pads. Bled the lines b/c some Gixxer guys claim that the plunger on cheaper levers can lock up the front brake if you don't bleed the brakes. (I'm dubious, but had to change the fluid anyway.) No issues, and the thing stops on a dime. The front brake lever is incredibly stiff, which I love.

I had Pazzo's on my Gen I and I can't feel any difference between them and the eBay ones. But I'd certainly trust the Pazzos more to hold up and not to have any issues. So if you have the money and want the piece of mind, I'd go Pazzo.

Last edited:
I have eBay/China levers with Galfer stainless lines and HH pads. Bled the lines b/c some Gixxer guys claim that the plunger on cheaper levers can lock up the front brake if you don't bleed the brakes. (I'm dubious, but had to change the fluid anyway.) No issues, and the thing stops on a dime. The front brake lever is incredibly stiff, which I love.

I had Pazzo's on my Gen I and I can't feel any difference between them and the eBay ones. But I'd certainly trust the Pazzos more to hold up and not to have any issues. So if you have the money and want the piece of mind, I'd go Pazzo.
Pazzo do look good

Gold Pazzo's with red dial look good on anything then! :thumbsup:

Here they are on my Gen I (almost done building in this pic). Best pic of them I could find:

11009102_1394896070825372_5241252065024991570_n.jpg

I bought the Pazzo shorty blacks in '06 '07 and moved them to the Gen II when I bought it. Love them.

I had a set of piazzos I got from Pashnit too with the engraving. Good price for some good bling. I now have Brembos and I can tell you the levers don't matter that much so this is an aesthetic issue IMHO. You like it go with it. Now the shorty levers are a different feel if you prefer that. One thing is the Brembos are collapsible. Haven't tried that feature though, sure I will get to it though!

I know that the Brock's clutch cushion kit comes with a part that kicks the clutch lever out so that you have more adjustment. Apparently the stock lever, even set all the way out, might slightly engage the clutch after installing the clutch kit. I think aftermarket levers avoid this by giving you more adjustment. So this is a benefit of aftermarket levers (you can avoid installing that Brock's part on the lever).

Bleeding the brakes has nothing to do with the lock up issue.
The brake lock up comes from the master cylinder plunger not seating correctly in the hole in the insert in the lever.
So the brakes cannot release.
I've seen it personally on 2 636's.
I had the cheap levers on 3 bikes, and never had an issue. They are also just as good as the Chinese made stock levers.
The best levers made are the ones that fit your own hands the best.
I personally like ASV, and they have the finest adjustment.
If you can see past the glare of BobbyB's reflectors, you can see his ASV levers in the pic above.

Yeah, I worded it ambiguously. I meant the MC plunger when used with cheaper levers, maybe because they aren't exactly the perfect fit.

Side note: Those ASVs look great.

I have ASV as well , and on other bikes . Pazzo is nice two as I have owned several pairs of them as well . Now pazzo has a hinged unbreakable model .
ASV is unbreakable with 5 year full warranty .

i like my Pazzo shorties, been running them for years without any issues :beerchug:

Back