lever not engaging clutch. need help

BusaINthaWinD

Registered
Well tried going for a ride after a cpl days of no riding. Started up and shifted 2 2nd gear bike lurched forward and cut off. Pulled in clutch lever and tried pushing up drivewayñ but wouldnt budge. Managed to get it back in neutral and get it in the garage. Took everything apart. Lever does apply pressure to pushrod and slave. Pulled banjo bolts off no blockage. So pushed slave all the way in and tried bleeding system to find only air and little fluid pulling. I have mittyvac so should have been done and done. But also noticed that fluid in master not really moving much. Think I may need 2 buy a rebuild kit for master but not 100% sure thats the problem due 2 pressure still going in line from master. Also opened bottom banjo and pumped lever to see if fluid drains. It did apply pressure 2 banjo. So im lost. I have 2 fix this fast. Trying to sell bike but I cant sell it if it wont ride. Plus im an honest dude and wouldnt sell it with problems. Any help would b great

could still be air in lines or trash.

bleed it real good. Make sure the push rod is lined up good and put some grease on it when reinstalling.

Do you feel regular pressure when you squeeze the clutch lever? Problem may be down at the slave/ release cylinder.

Check your MC resevoir sight glass. If the fluid is black your getting debris from your chain being pushed back into your clutch line via the piston in the slave cylinder. This debris wears on the slave cyclinder walls. To correct this purchase slave cylinder rebuil kit, resurface the slave cylinder wall by with wet sanding and for insurance replace those stock rubber hoses with steel. If the surface can not be corrected without leaking buy a used one off ebay.

Galfer Clutch Line Kit - Suzuki- GSX 1300R Hayabusa 1999 2011 Braided Stainless Hoses 1 Line Kit

AThe stock rubber clutch and brake will expand over time....

Back