Lets talk upload center

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Hey guys and girls

I have been scraping over the logs and I am seeing a ton of usage going to other sites and further research shows that the upload center is the culprit. I guess what I need to know is why are folks still using it. You can now put any bike pics in the gallery or directly attach the images to a post on the message board. Avatars can be uploaded by using your profile, what do we need the upload center for these days? We had over 50,000 connections from SH.org alone, with a couple of UK sites close behind. With the high number of users on the site these days I need to scrape everything I can. I am gonna need some pretty convincing reasons to keep the upload center in operation.

Thanks guys looking forward to the responses.

cap

Sence you told us about using the attach method that is the way I have been doing it but I admit that I do have a few (less then 10 pics on another site). If it comes down to it I will pull them (they're in out post anyway). You also talked about buying some space in the upload center. Is this option still available?

Not a matter of scraping it PAC just use your Pics gallery .

I've mostly used the upload center for my avatars, Cap. Mostly my personal bike pics.

If you feel the need to scrap it, then I'm sure we can live with it, Cap.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081982064 -->

I would like a way to upload a movie to the "movies" section..... or atleast a way for you to review it and then post it there so I can link it here.

I keep my banner image there, and so do others. If you wanna ditch it, we can change our approach... no problemo.

I think it has been for banners and signatures for the most part. We moved all of this once, so those who had some problems speak up.

Not a matter of scraping it PAC just use your Pics gallery .

I've mostly used the upload center for my avatars, Cap. Mostly my personal bike pics.

If you feel the need to scrap it, then I'm sure we can live with it, Cap.
biggrin.gif
Aah....now I see, NE.

Unfortunately, the gallery is offline at the moment. It's all good though.

no need to even ask really , yer a smart boy....

do whatever will fit the bill .

Rubb.

The gallery is online pac there was a post, I moved it to a new server

www.hayabusa.ws/gallery

Do whatcha gotta do Cap and the ship will cont to sail. Sure
everyone can live without it and if not TOUGH!!! Sorry got a little
aggressive there. Seriously, you guys being the engineers no so
much about how smoothly things need to run so the rest of
us have only the responsibility of utilizing whats available

BigDawg_03Busa you spent a lot of time making the banners for everyone and I want to make sure that they are up for everyone to see. If you will email them all to me then I will put them on a server and you guys can put them back up...

Cap

I never use it cap. I have my banner on my home computer and work computer. The only thing I guess I would ever use it for is posting video's. but I have never done that and I could work around it if I ever needed to in the future. I have my own web site that if I wanted to link videos bad enough I could just put them there and link them

Back