Let's talk gloves

phatj33pyj

Registered
So, I ride pretty much every day I can. I live in Florida. I know, quit hating me now. It's been getting colder here. I rode Monday and Tuesday with the temps hitting the low 50s. I know for alot of you that's not cold. Here in Florida, at 60, the wemmis start wearing the Uggs. . Show me what you like for colder weather gloves. What's your solution?

-Eric

heated gloves. I have Gerbing, similar to pair pictured below:

GerbingsHeatedGloves.jpg

Honestly your talking about riding in 50-60 degree temps all that stuff is overkill IMO.......

This is all you need Cortech Scarab Winter Gloves - RevZilla

Get a pair of those and you'll be fine. I personally have a pair and been using them for over a year now. It gets a lot colder up here in PA :whistle: ride in 40 degree temps with no problems. Hands stay warm and best part is they aren't bulky or take away the feel of your controls. They have all the armor and protection of a regular gauntlet style glove with the added benefit of gortex/thinsulate. So you can get em wet and they'll dry fast on their own, don't have 2 worry about the leather deteriorating or drying up. I thought about battery powered gloves or even installing heated grips on my busa but I figured I give these a try 1st and they didn't disappoint!

Honestly your talking about riding in 50-60 degree temps all that stuff is overkill IMO.......

This is all you need Cortech Scarab Winter Gloves - RevZilla

Get a pair of those and you'll be fine. I personally have a pair and been using them for over a year now. It gets a lot colder up here in PA :whistle: ride in 40 degree temps with no problems. Hands stay warm and best part is they aren't bulky or take away the feel of your controls. They have all the armor and protection of a regular gauntlet style glove with the added benefit of gortex/thinsulate. So you can get em wet and they'll dry fast on their own, don't have 2 worry about the leather deteriorating or drying up. I thought about battery powered gloves or even installing heated grips on my busa but I figured I give these a try 1st and they didn't disappoint!

That's more what I was thinking. While I was initially talking 50-60, it does get colder here. Every morning this week I think it's been 40s. I wear alpinestar sp-s usually, but they are not for winter. I didn't think I needed the plug in ones, but it's an interesting thought. I do normally prefer a shorter glove, the gauntlet style feel too long.

I got a pair of silk glove-liners from Amazon.com, something like $13 - $14. When it gets really cold here, (Heh - Heh). I put a pair of brown jersey gloves in instead of the silk liners. That's all I've ever used since I moved to Florida.

Back