Lets see your helmet!!

DOT approved.......NOT

pumpkin.jpg

Like a dummy I sold my prior lids, but here's my recent retired and my new current. The 1000 is a Diabolic 3, and the 1200 is a Phantasm. Hacked all into the 1200, ready to put her first miles on when the weather breaks. :beerchug:

<---RF1000 | RF1200--->

20140101_143337_zps3af841b6.jpg
I went to cycle gear in Manchester, ct yesterday and was torn between the phantasm or dominance. It took me about a half an hour to decide.

Got my dark smoke visor in today for the rf-1200. Looks better than the clear but doesn't feel as thick. Bummed because I kind of liked that solid feel. Pinlock on these are flawless and I tried like hell to fog it up on a 12 degree ride a few weeks ago.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi ROADTOAD. Is that the Pista? Weight 3.31lbs? That is one great helmet! I have gone with the Simpson M30 I do not like the look big but it only weights 2.78lbs! It is only $549.00 at Rev Zilla. its to bad I am not a dealer for them. I also think the AGV is a much better helmet.
Yes Mike , it is the first edition plain gloss carbon Pista . The helmet is marketed as a race 1st / street second lid , so lacks some of the niceties usually found on helmets . It lacks button press air flow louvers , just plugs that you either leave in or remove , and is a lid that requires ear plugs , for is fairly noisy . The vision this helmet allows is terrific , and as noted , the weight is not the lightest , but is certainly acceptable . I really like this lid , currently running the silver visor instead of dark smoke , and swapping them out is real easy . I would like to try the AGV electronic transition visor , but haven't quite been able to justify the $ ...
I really like the Simpson Bandit for one , and other for sure , I just checked out the M30 , I lie that classic alien like look , really racing / drag history still in that design . I remember in the '90 's , the monster faces etc, often custom painted on Simpson helmets , they were the bomb for crazy street helmets !!

DSCF1161.JPG

Back