Lets see those mounting positions!!!!

mikey28804

Registered
Ok people Here is my issue. Right now I have a swingarm tag mount that I hate. When I bought the bike it had the GP style Exhaust tips that come out right under the pegs. The previous owner had the tag just bolted to the holes where the chain guard mounts. Once I installed a slip on system I could no longer run my tag there. I really want to have the tag somewhere under the tail and clean up the ass end. I like things to be symmetrical and the mount I have now just throws it off. I was thinking I could fab up something to mount on the screws for th tail light that way Im actually using the tag light also. I have nothing but a trash can mod for an undertail so mounting it there is out.......Hit me with some ideas!!:laugh::whistle:

Just made a bracket and put it under the tail. Mine's the middle one..

Last edited by a moderator:
No the middle busa lol On mine. I just cut the flap off and used the bracket to screw back in where the flap was.

OP, do you have a Gen1 or a Gen2?

And yes, mine is the all black/grey one. Gen2 :beerchug:

The Gen 1 is a different beast. From what I recall, you need an undertail to completely get rid of the mudflap. Otherwise just keep trimming the flap down until your happy with it..

You mentioned you had an axle mount? Maybe post a pic of your undertail now, you must have an aftermarket one?

The Gen 1 is a different beast. From what I recall, you need an undertail to completely get rid of the mudflap. Otherwise just keep trimming the flap down until your happy with it..

You mentioned you had an axle mount? Maybe post a pic of your undertail now, you must have an aftermarket one?

Nope all I have is the trash can mod, When I got the bike the owner had cut the battery tray out because it was slammed out.....to be honest I would be happy with a stock.....Just cant find one that is not cut and not cost a arm and a pinky toe:laugh:

I completely cut off the rear mud flap, the small red rectangle part of the tail light and modified the undertail so I could mount a universal Rizoma plate mounting kit and Rizoma led signals.

cheers
ken

undertail final 001.jpg

undertail final 002.jpg

undertail final 005.jpg

finished tank 010.jpg

Targa makes a bracket that's perfect for the Gen-II. You could likely google this and find it fairly quickly.

Solid metal, It fits directly to the holes that were originally for the rear fender. I had to use some spacers for the plate the clear the taillight, but it's tucked up in there as close as I can get it. It's perfect and solid enough to mount the RAM mounts on either side for camera mounting.

7506552378_c60e0c57e0_b.jpg

7506552228_39e2351c15_b.jpg

7506552206_377b07a6d2_b.jpg

7506552154_8dd3cf3969_b.jpg

7997973383_c804b58239_b.jpg

Last edited:
the one mount could be made from 1" angle....aluminum...drill the holes...sand / file it and paint it black. The other may be more involved...still using a piece of angle...with a "x shape panel" for a plate mount.

There are a few companies that sell bolts with led lights in them...they are nice until you want to remove the plate...you end up cutting the wires and re-soldering /shrink wrap (you could put a 2 wire quick connect to solve that)

Back