Lets say you need a new helmet...what to do? The fast easy way is........

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Give Big E a shout. You want your helmet FAST. He does that. Got mine in 7 days...wahoooo. From the eastern U.S. to western Canaduh in 7 freakin days.:bowdown: I dont know how he does it. Perhaps his familiy owns the USPS.:laugh:

You want a great price...he has it.

Lets say you want to avoid the wife/girlfriend hassle. You know.... 'You don't need a new helmet" :cursin:

So don't shop at a store,just have Eric ship it to an' undisclosed location.:whistle:

Shop from your desk at work....its the wave of the future baby.

Thanks Big E. You rock. Get 'em while supplies last....

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/safety-gear/169408-my-arai-helmets-have-got-go-4.html

RSD.

lid.jpg

OOOOooooo Dark Visor....I need that. :laugh:

Where did I put that ebay desktop icon...BRB.

RSD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from a lid test ride. These are sweet lids.

Comfort 5 out of 5
Venting 5 out of 5

Peripheral Vision 5 out of 5
Face shield 5 out of 5

Anti-fog 5 out of 5
Noise 4.5 out of 5

Good lid. :thumbsup:

Thanks again Eric.

RSD.

How would u rate the new lid against your shoei ?Did you get them same size as your shoei?Thinking about switching but I do love my shoei.

I bought a RX-Q from Big E back in March and he had the helmet in my house 5 days after purchase including a weekend in there. Very reputable guy and has some great deals. Previous to this I had an Akuma Phantom II which was a decent helmet, but it was time for a change. Before that I had a Shoei RF-900 and it was a nice helmet. I would say that the Arai is slightly nicer in due to the wind noise reduction and comfort. The build quality is about the same in my opinion. But, for the price that Big E has these helmets for, I could not pass up the chance to upgrade.

I ended up putting a silver mirror tint shield on it and am even more pleased with the overall package. I agree with RSD's ratings, except I would give the noise a 5 out of 5 as well. Although, I am coming from a very lightweight carbon fiber helmet to this Cadillac.

ResizedImage_1364332198232.jpg

How would u rate the new lid against your shoei ?Did you get them same size as your shoei?Thinking about switching but I do love my shoei.

I would rate them about equal ktown. As Sous mentioned the arai is a bit more quiet that the shoei. I have about 10 years in shoei and about the same in arai and about 10 years in skull caps.:whistle:

I love everything about this new lid except the one thing that has always bothered me about any arai helmet. The vent tubes in the visor.I like the venting action,just not the placement of the vents. I find it a little distracting seeing the 2 protrusions in my upper feild of vision.You do get used to it thou.At least I do.Some guys just dont like it,never have,never will. With old style arai lids,the venting was defeated if you had the shield even partially cracked. This is not the case anymore.They now have good venting across the top aswell.

I would suggest hitting your local dealer,try on some of the models Big E has for sale,wear them around the store for atleast 20 minutes (checking for pressure points etc). Get yer local guy's best price and compare it to Eric's. Eric could probably have one on your doorstep faster than your dealer could if they had to order one in. 7 days to get mine Kurt,thats freakin' fanominal.

I wear a large in the Shoie RF 1000,so I ordered a large in Arai. Good fit. Both have the same numbers(head size) written inside the lid.

Rubb.

I agree with RSD's ratings, except I would give the noise a 5 out of 5 as well.

I just can't in good conscience give any helmet a 5 outa 5 in the noise category. I have yet to ever wear a lid that doesn't buzz,hum,or howl in some fashion.

Remember I was also spoiled by all those noise-less years in them chopper lids.

Perhaps one day...a noise-less lid.:please:

RSD.

The Arai is a great helmet. I'm so happy with mine. I love the ventilation, shield, comfort, vision, looks, and the name says excellence. Its my second one I'll never buy anything else but Arai.

Actually, I was really wanting you to read the article' but hey, can't blame a fellow for trying.

Give Big E a shout. You want your helmet FAST. He does that. Got mine in 7 days...wahoooo. From the eastern U.S. to western Canaduh in 7 freakin days.:bowdown: I dont know how he does it. Perhaps his familiy owns the USPS.:laugh:

You want a great price...he has it.

Lets say you want to avoid the wife/girlfriend hassle. You know.... 'You don't need a new helmet" :cursin:

So don't shop at a store,just have Eric ship it to an' undisclosed location.:whistle:

Shop from your desk at work....its the wave of the future baby.

Thanks Big E. You rock. Get 'em while supplies last....

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/safety-gear/169408-my-arai-helmets-have-got-go-4.html

RSD.

Glad to hear that the helmet made it safe and sound. Enjoy it!:beerchug:

Back