Lets hear it! Motor oil fight!!!

MLSDUKE1

Live from Mom's basement
Registered
Alright,

Lets hear it. What motor oil is the best. Give brand, weight, and any other things you wish to make your point with! Also, explain WHY its so dominant compared to the other "inferior" oils

Synthetic, semi syn, dino oil, what's your favorite?

:laugh:

I'm just gonna go with pretty much any motorcycle specific,full synthetic oil.

(the only one I've used since '08 was Motul 300V 10w40 until my last oil change when I went with Joe Gibbs Driven MX1 10w30,and have always used OEM filters)

...and I'm gonna throw Brad Penn(lubricants)into the mix,just 'cause I know of several 500+hp Pro Street Busa owners using and swearing by it(ain't that right big Rob?:yes:).

like mentioned earlier, the major thing is actually doing your oil changes promptly, no oil is giving it's best when it is dirty and breaking down...fwiw, i have only used Motul 300V 15w50 since Lucy was broken in and i changed to synthetic :beerchug:

Next oil change I'm going for Castrol Power 1 Racing 4T 10W/40 full Synthetic.
Read good things about it.

Mobile 1 synthetic 10w-40....... readily available @ any autoparts store 7days a week. Change oil every 3-5k miles consistently :whistle:

I pair Mobile 1 with a K&N filter every time. I do plan on purchasing 1 of those stainless pro-flow reusable filters here in the near future.

I have ran Alisyn 10w-30 full synthetic for 16,000 miles

Not readily available for local purchase but a great oil!

Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40. The reason? We run all Mobil lubricants at my job, that equipment runs 24/7 for years on end with almost no failures.

:whistle:

ForumRunner_20140107_133916.png

ForumRunner_20140107_133916.png

A few years back Sport rider did a 15 page compare with a bunch and Amsoil was the best

Back