Lets hear it! Motor oil fight!!!

I ran Motul 300V for a little while until I talked with their U.S. office and they said not to leave it in a street bike for more than about 2000 miles. They said it's meant for race machines that get frequent oil changes, so it doesn't have the detergents needed to go longer intervals. They recommended there 7100 full synthetic, which is at the #2 spot in their lineup. I've run it for most of my bike's life so far and it has been fine.

It is a little different though since it's red and smells like perfume when it gets hot. I'd expect no less from a French company... :rofl:

You guys kill me. I run the piss out of my bike everytime I crank it and change my oil and filter every four thousand miles if it needs it or not. I average about $29.00 a change. :hide:

Yes, yes, my oil smells like oil :laugh:

I change my oil every 500 miles cause you never know what you are going to get when you syphon it out of your neighbours car at 3 in the morning.

:D :D :D

cheers
ken

Singer...rotella t....hopefully no glitter in the drain pan

singer.jpg

I just ordered some Amsoil. Was going back and forth between Mobil 1 and Amsoil. After running the numbers it was Mobil 1 for 11.21 a quart, and Amsoil 11.55 a quart. Since most people say that Amsoil is better I went ahead and ordered it. Also ordered a k&n oil filter and air filter.

I still have a spout for that can in my garage, love being taken back :laugh: I am getting old :rofl:

The dealer put in Motul 5100, its the first service so to keep my 2 year warranty it has to go to them, but I will ask then to change the filter as well as the oil at 6000km.

I have used the top of the line Motul synthetic but the Amsoil bike oil makes the tranny shift smoother.

That is how I usually know when it is time to change the oil---When it starts to shift poorly...

BB

Back