Let's Be Careful

BlueHaya

I'm outta here!!!!
Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys just wanted to shoot this out to everyone. After reading Bubbas post on his near miss, I thought I would share my weekend experiences.

As alot of us get out on our first rides of the year, as I just did with a nice long ride with some friends, let's all be on our game and keep eyes on our surroundings.

I went on a ride with about 10 bikes down to Bandera, Texas on Friday. Half of us were Harleys and they were staying for the rally they are having this weekend. As we approached the little twisty part of the road on 16 to get to The Coyote Ranch were they were staying we were stopped by local SD due to a wreck just around the bend. It just had happened and they were waiting on 2 life flight copters to get the man and his wife out. When it was cleared and we proceeded they made one turn and could not adjust for the switch back and took out a sign and totaled their bike, and by the blood in the road, landed about 20 yards up from the sign in the road...probably no helmets?
I pray they are ok.

Saturday me and the wife go to the Texas Mile. On our way home coming through Gonzales, Texas we come up on another wreck by the store in Gonzales. It appears a van turned left in front of the bike and he hit it. I pray God rest his soul....he was covered in the road way. He had a half helmet on..I saw it in the road.

We love when we ride and know of the dangers........lets just be careful guys.:please:

First 2 pics are on Hwy 16 south of Fredericksburg. The last one is on 183 in Gonzales.

IMG_1889.jpg

IMG_1890.jpg

IMG_1928.jpg

Last edited:
Wow thats a bummer dude.
EMS def dosent look like they are in a hurry and when that is the case the reason is usually not good.
Prayers sent for him and family. I hope he did not suffer.

I too thought about you point.
Being in Florida I never really have a down season.
Longest I go is like 2 or 3 days.

I have noticed a few folks and their near misses or Rangers downfall (hope your doing well buddy).
It made me think same.
Many have been off seat for quite some time .

Please, Please do give yourself and MOST ESPECIALLY the others around you time to readjust.
For many it has been months since they have had to focus on one headlight instead of two.
Give them time to realize bikes are once again on the street.

I feel every close call and every accident as God is my witness.
At 40 I have had the unfortunate luck when 17 of being too heavy double up too close and rear ended someone due to being down thru the CT winter.
I have had numerous Grannnies here in cars I sold them almost kill me.
And I had a Town Car sold by the dealer I worked at DRIVE OVER MY ENTIRE BODY AND BIKE on I95 a few yrs ago.....

PLEASE BE CAREFUL FOLKS..:thumbsup:

For you northern guys that are just starting to ride again after the snow is gone-keep in mind the anti-skid left on the roads now work against you the other way when it's still left on the pavement! I lived in Pa. most of my life and the debri left on the roads from winter months are a nightmare!

Found an article on the Gonzales wreck. There were 2 on that bike also...he died, his wife is in critical.

CORPUS CHRISTI- The faculty at Del Mar College is mourning the loss of one of its own.

KRISTX.COM

Eric Coleman, an instructor with the Del Mar GED program was killed in Gonzales, Texas on Saturday after a van veered into his lane and crashed into his motorcycle. His wife, Leola Coleman, who is an instructor in the Del Mar cosmetology program, suffered serious injuries. She is said to be in critical condition at a San Antonio hospital.

Back