Lets all go to Laguna Seca

Planning on having a Pashnit Booth there this year.

My wife's requirement is I have bring her and the kids. :laugh:

Meeting famous racers!

Img_4159-racer.jpg

Meeting famous people!

Img_4164-clement.jpg

Swimming in people.

Img_4212-crowds.jpg

Img_4240-PaulSmartDucati.jpg

And old friends to carry you home. :)

Img_4276-Busa-1000.jpg

Img_4159-racer.jpg

Img_4164-clement.jpg

Img_4212-crowds.jpg

Img_4240-PaulSmartDucati.jpg

Img_4276-Busa-1000.jpg

With My Luck...I would sign up to work the track and end up cleaning up Porta Potties...CalBusa Girl...how do you know where you will get assigned? For example, what happens if they stick you on a boring section of the track where no action is happening? I would think it is like everything else..a pecking order is established...since you have only been showing up for the last 5 years you get almost nada...you have to have worked here the last 10 years before you get a peachy spot like turn 10 or 4...that sort of thing...do you have any insights you can share on this? 2hip

Oh I'm sorry... Having to stand 20 feet from a turn on the race track and be prepared to pick up a racers bike if he goes down...DUDE! Are you serious!? Yes, you have to work but look what you get to do! Look how close you are to the bikes! :poke: Some of us can't afford that all access pass, food, parking... :whistle:

To each their own. I'd rather pay, do what I want, when I want.

Uh HELLO people!! If you work the track, you get PAID FOR GOING TO THE RACE!!!!!!! :poke: You get to camp for FREE! FREE lunch and dinner. FREE BEER!!!!!!!!! You get FREE access to the pits!!!!!!!! Go here...

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

Click on Volunteer on the left hand side and fill out the paperwork.

You have to be a member of the USARM. Membership is like $25.00 a year but you get over $200.00 for the weekend to work the track. :beerchug:
I volunteered to help with a Alberta racing club and got to see, Canadian Superbike for free. Best seats in the house too, we were sitting on two stacked sea cans for all the good races. Could see 75% of the turns and the end of the front straight.

With My Luck...I would sign up to work the track and end up cleaning up Porta Potties...CalBusa Girl...how do you know where you will get assigned? For example, what happens if they stick you on a boring section of the track where no action is happening? I would think it is like everything else..a pecking order is established...since you have only been showing up for the last 5 years you get almost nada...you have to have worked here the last 10 years before you get a peachy spot like turn 10 or 4...that sort of thing...do you have any insights you can share on this? 2hip

Everyone I know that has ever signed up always get the corners and spots they want. They have professionals come in and do all the dirty stuff. If you volunteer for the track then you work the track and nothing else. If you volunteer for concession then you do just that. Last year my cousin signed up the weekend before the race and he STILL got the corner he wanted. They have requirements that you have to meet. Ability to lift a race bike on your own (Extremely light), hearing is good, attention to detail... stuff like that.

Back