Let there be smoke, Yosh R77 installed

Here’s the finished product it’s going to be in the 60s today so I thought I’d go ahead and put the fairings back on and take a short ride I need a front tire so I’m not doing anything long or spirited riding until it’s replaced but I will take a 10-20 stroll sometime today

DD078222-E023-4704-AD2F-746A358AF03B.jpeg

17B71324-2EF6-42E9-981E-C05FCD09394A.jpeg

I also want to do a dyno run to see where my air fuel ratio is as it sits. I plan to have my ECU flashed along with a dyno tune.

With all that said, the bike idles perfectly, runs great as is, I'm still running the stock air filter. I haven't removed the pair valve and haven't done the marble mod yet either as I wanted to see how much popping and crackle it would have on deceleration, but again in my short time of riding it I basically have none of that as is....

From a seat of the pants perspective, I feel like it is a tad softer from say 2800-3500rpm than the stock exhaust, midrange and topend feels great :) but again I haven't had much seat time and need to ride some more.

It certainly feels more nimble though!

I also want to do a dyno run to see where my air fuel ratio is as it sits. I plan to have my ECU flashed along with a dyno tune.

With all that said, the bike idles perfectly, runs great as is, I'm still running the stock air filter. I haven't removed the pair valve and haven't done the marble mod yet either as I wanted to see how much popping and crackle it would have on deceleration, but again in my short time of riding it I basically have none of that as is....

From a seat of the pants perspective, I feel like it is a tad softer from say 2800-3500rpm than the stock exhaust, midrange and topend feels great :) but again I haven't had much seat time and need to ride some more.

It certainly feels more nimble though!

There is a significant weight loss, it looks familiar though...

I will do the Pair removal before spring as I get quite a bit of popping on decel....sometimes I like the popping and other times not so much.

DSC01659.JPG

You think putting in the power commander will help with the tuning
Power commander can certainly help with any fueling issues..

If when I tune I don’t plan to go the power commander route though I’d prefer to do it through the ECU.

I’m pretty happy with how it runs as is and don’t feel like I have to do anything else but of course to fully optimize the setup I could tune it question for the end user is “is the added cost worth it given their use or riding style”

Last edited:
Hi, I had a Yoshimura 4-1 R77 system fitted with Pair Plates, K&N Filter and a Power Commander 5 and the initial dyno run was 156 bhp at rear wheel and after tuning it went to 184bhp and 110 ft-Ibs of torque, So its well worth getting it done, the power now is pretty nice :)

View attachment 1613286

View attachment 1613288
Good stuff! Do you recall during you baseline pull if the PCV was at zero? And What your air fuel ratio was like? Just asking because while I know dynos vary but 154 is below what a stock bike typically does so I’m guessing the fueling was off. You end results are freaking awesome though!

Last edited:
Back